12.

The next morning, Taehyung was up early. It was Sunday and was very unusual for him to wake up this early on the weekend. But, here he is, right now, sitting in his room all freshen up to start his day. For some reason, he was excited to start his new day. Maybe, it was because of the feeling that he wasn't alone in the house anymore. Or maybe, it was because of the certain small boy who was going to be his housemate. (For....days? Weeks? Maybe...for months? He isn't quite sure about it because he doesn't know anything about him, yet, except for his name. But the thing that matters is that the boy is safe). Anyways, just know that he is really happy and excited today.

Kicking the sheets away, he got up from the bed and headed straight toward the closet. He picked a white turtle-neck shirt with long sleeves and blue ripped jeans. He brushed his teeth, took a nice warm shower while humming a melodious tune and dressed himself. After drying and styling his hair, he took a good look of his face in the mirror from different angles. He leaned his head a bit backward raising his left eyebrow as a satisfied grin formed on his lips. "Wohoo! Look at you, Kim Taehyung! Looking handsome as always!" He complimented himself. He blew a kiss to his reflection before flashing his beautiful boxy smile.

He turned around rotating on his ankles and almost moonwalked his way to the door. Slipping out of the door, he was about to walk to the staircase, but, eventually stopped and glanced at the right next door. He turned his head to right looking at the staircase then he turned to left and glanced back at the door as he mentally debated. 'Should I go downstairs and wait for him to wake up and join me? Or should I go and check on him? I mean I don't wanna scare him. But, still, I wanna see him.'

He repeatedly looked between the door and the staircase, until, he stopped. A mischievous smile crept on his lips as he closed his eyes and nodded his head in agreement to the decision his mind made. Opening his eyes, he turned to left and walked to the younger's room.

He slowly opened the door, trying not to make any noise, and popped his head out of the door. He looked around the room. Everything was still in it's place, just like he left it last night. He entered the room quietly and walked to the bed. His eyes landing on the lump of blanket lying over the bed. Soft barely audible snores could be heard from under the blanket.

'So, he is still sleeping.' He thought pursing his lips. 'Should I take a look at his face or.... should I just go back?' He debated again but ending up with a sigh and leaving the room.

Walking down the staircase, he waltz into the living room. He plopped on the bright yellow couch and stared at the ceiling with a wide boxy smile plastered on his face. Even though, he couldn't bring himself to see the boy (because he didn't want to scare him) but, still, only the thought of the smaller being around him was enough to make his day a lot better.

"Yoongi..." He mouthed. "What a cute name, just like his adorable face!" He squealed. He continue to stare blankly at the ceiling as he smiled widely, thinking about the pale boy.

He was brought out of his trance by someone calling him. "Tae...?"

He straightened up and snapped his head toward the door with a shocked expressions, only to find Mrs. Lee staring back at him with a puzzled look on her face.

"Uh... Hi! Mrs. Lee.." He smiled awkwardly as he stumbled down the couch, trying to get up.

"Hi Tae... You're up early?" She asked in a confused tone.

"Yeah..." He scratched the back of his head.

"That's new. Any reason?" She questioned with quite amusement.

"Uh..no. I woke up unexpectedly and couldn't sleep again. That's it." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay. Whatever you say, kiddo." She chuckled, taking off her coat and placing it on the couch. "I'm going in kitchen to make you breakfast. Are you okay with pancakes?"