21.

(Slight trigger warning towards the end of chapter)

4th December

Yoongi stared at his reflection in the mirror and pursed his lips. He was wearing a light grey three-piece suit with a red velvety tuxedo. 'I look nice' He thought and smiled at himself.

It was Seokjin's 24th birthday and tonight they were going to the elder's place. Though Taehyung thought that it was going to be difficult to convince Yoongi to go to his brother's birthday party. But, to his surprise, Yoongi agreed really soon.

And the taller couldn't be happier enough.

The party wasn't big. Only a few family friends and business partners were invited. But it was formal. So, Taehyung went to the best designer he knew and got the best attire for the smaller, according to his material preference. When the final product came in, they both were happy and satisfied.

Yoongi was a little anxious about going to a party but he knew he would be fine as long as he had Taehyung by his side. However, Yoongi was more excited to try his new attire.

With Mrs. Lee's help, he was now fully ready. She had styled his hair into soft loose curls and applied a really small amount of eyeshadow around the corner of his eyes & some gloss on his lips. When Yoongi stared at his reflection, he shook his fists excitedly.

"You look so adorable, Yoongi-yah." She cooed at him.

"Thank you." He replied shyly. His cheeks burnt up at the compliment.

At that very moment, there was a knock on the door before it opened and Taehyung entered the room. He was dressed in a navy blue suit. He gazed at Yoongi and his heart skipped a beat at the sight of a gummy smile on his face.

"Hey..." He whispered breathily.

"Hi." Yoongi smiled and fully turned around to face him. "Hyung. This is so nice. Do... do I look nice in this?" His big eyes were shining. Mrs. Lee smiled fondly at him.

Taehyung couldn't help but smile at him. He took a step closer and caressed his cheek. "Of course, Yoongi. You do look so cute. Do you like your outfit?"

"Yes, I do!" He nodded furiously and his bangs bounced on his forehead. His cheeks turned a little brighter pink as he spoke again. "A-and hyung looks nice too..." He mumbled shyly.

"Do I?"

"Mhm." The smaller hummed, still looking away. And did that melted Taehyung's heart.

"You both look so good." Mrs. Lee complimented and began gathering her things. "Now, my work is done here. I'll get going. My kids are alone at home. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lee. Have a safe drive home." Taehyung spoke.

"Thank you, Mrs. Lee." Yoongi bowed his head politely.

"It's okay. Have fun tonight, both of you. Bye!" She waved at them before leaving.

Both of the boys watched her leaving the room and closing the door behind. Taehyung turned his attention back to the younger. "Yoongi?"

The smaller boy was still staring at the floor. He just hummed in response.

"Are you excited about the party?"

"Yes." He whispered.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah..." He mumbled again and looked up at him.

"Well, don't be. We both know how strong you are. It's okay to feel a little nervous. But, once we get there, we'll have fun I'm sure."

Yoongi nodded slowly. He fiddled his fingers and stared at Taehyung. "Will hyung stay with me?" He asked hesitantly.