5.

August 2014

The doctor entered the room and took the seat in front of Yoongi and his parents. They were anxiously waiting for his reports. They were here for his tests after so much pressure from everyone. His teachers, his relatives and almost every single person that came across.

Mrs. Min opposed the idea but eventually agreed due to two reason. One because of Mr. Min constantly insistence to give it shot and her determination to prove him wrong. And secondly to know that even if any problem is going on with her baby, she could help him.

After greeting each other, Mr. Min questioned: "Doctor! Is everything thing alright with our son? I know he is perfectly normal. Right?" He asked impatiently. Mrs. Min rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Relax Mr. Min. He is fine." The doctor said and he placed his file on the table in front of them. "These are Yoongi's reports.

"What does this says?" Mr. Min questioned going through the report.

The doctor sighed as he leaned on the table. Yoongi had a bad feeling about all this. He felt his stomach turn inside him as he saw how desperately his father was going through the reports.

"It says that Yoongi has autism Mr. Min." The doctor stated. The couple's eyes widened at the doctor's statement. Yoongi closed his tightly not wanting to see his father's reaction.

"W-what?" Mrs. Min asked trying to process what she heard.

"You heard me. Your child has autism. It's just a disorder not a really severe disease that you need to be worried of. Autistic child has symptoms like lack of maintaining eye contact, non-social behaviour, repetitive behaviour and sometimes non-verbal communication. Each individual has their own symptoms." The doctor explained.

Mr. Min let out a deep frustrated sigh. "But how? How is this even possible? Me and Chaerin are completely normal. His brother is normal. How can he be autistic?" He spat.

The doctor was disappointed by the father's remarks. "Mr. Min there is no specific reason for a child to have autism. It's just a natural thing. We can't really figure out the reasons behind it." He stated.

Mrs. Min held onto Yoongi who was shaking due to anxiety building inside of him. She drew soothing circles on his back to calm him down. "But, is there any way to cure it?" She asked.

The doctor shook his head. "Like I said before, it's not a disease. There is no cure for it. The individuals with autism only needs love and care. They need someone to understand them. They are special kids. If you'll give him all the attention and support that he needs, I'm sure he'll grow up like any other normal kid."

Mr. Min scoffed at the doctor's advice before shooting a glare to the shaking boy who was clinging onto his mother. "Well, it's okay doctor. Thank you for your time. We'll take our leave now." He said getting up. Mrs. Min got up a well with Yoongi in her arms. They bid their goodbye and left the clinic.

+++++++++++++

The whole ride to home was silent. Mr. Min driving the car and Mrs. Min was looking out of the window. Yoongi was sleeping in her arms. The 10-year-old was emotionally drained due to thinking the same thing over and over again. 'Is he really a disappointment to his father?'

Even after arriving home, they weren't talking. All of them sat at the dining table for the dinner. Youngjae felt the air around them was growing thicker and thicker by each moment passing. So, he decided to break the silence.

"So, how did it go Mom?" He asked shoving a bite in his mouth. Mr. Min shot him Yoongi a glare and the younger felt like crying. Youngjae noticed that.