twenty two

BLAKE

"Oh, Blake glad you're" My mum called as soon as I entered the house. Sighing, I placed my bag on the small table by the door and rubbed my tired eyes. "Come here, I want you to meet the new neighbours"

I slipped my shoes off and walked to the kitchen, rubbing my eyes tiredly. My mum stood with two other people; a girl around my age and her mum. The girl turned to me and smiled nicely, waving. She was beautiful; her dark, curly hair lay atop her head messily and her ember eyes were warm and inviting.

"Blake, this is Yasmin and her mother Vivian," My mum informed me before taking a sip from her coffee, "They just moved here from England"

"Hi" I wave to the two strangers and walk to the cupboards, pulling out a cup before filling it with water.

"Hey" Yasmin replied, "Nice to meet you"

I smiled. "You too" and I meant it.

"Blake, why don't you take Yasmin for a walk or just go up to your room?" Mum suggested, "You need a friend other than Calum and the two boys"

"Oh, actually I was going to do something.." I turned to Yasmin, "Want to come?"

"Sure" Yasmin nodded and kissed her mum on the cheek before following me.

"Do you mind if I have a quick shower and change?" I ask her.

"That's fine" I walk to my room and Yasmin walks over to my bed, sitting down cautiously. I hurry into the bathroom with black jeans and a white crop top, quickly having a shower. Once I was done, Yasmin and I began walking.

"Sorry that we have to walk" I apologise, running a hand through my damp hair.

"It's okay, Blake" Yasmin laughed, "I like walking"

"Me too," I agree, nodding, "You see so much more and it feels so nice to be outside"

"Right?" Yasmin grinned as she took in her boring surroundings, "So where are we going?"

"My ex boyfriends"

"What?"

"Oh, to give him another chance not to like, hurt him or whatever" I thought of Calum sadly. He would never speak to me if he knew; so I had to tell him slowly.

Yasmin nodded. "What happened between you two?"

"He, uh, said some bad things" I frown. "But he promised to apologise to the people he said them to"

"Well, I hope you two work it out"

I smile at her. "Did you have any boyfriends back in England?"

"Nah," She shook her head, causing her dark curls to fall over her face slightly, "I focused more on my education"

"Really?" I turn into Ashton's street and look over at her, "What do you want to be?"

"A model" She said shyly, "I've done a little modelling back home, but nothing too major"

I look up at Ashton's house nervously. "You're pretty enough to be one"

Before I could walk up to the door, Ashton opened it and peered outside. His eye caught mine and I saw him relax in relief. "Blake?" He pushed the door further open and waved me over.

Yasmin leaned in towards me as we walked up the path, "He's cute, Blake"

"I know," I whisper back. Ashton was waiting anxiously at the door, his eyes flickering between Yasmin and I. "Can we talk, Ash?"

Ashton nodded hastily and stood aside so we can enter. He led us to the living room nervously, "What do you need to talk about?"

Yasmin wondered off over to look at the movies, giving us space. "Ashton," I took a deep breath, "I like you, a lot-"

"I like you a lot, too"

"And I want to give you another chance, but I want to know that you'll never say anything like you did to anyone, or even think it"

"I am sorry about that, Blake" Ashton placed his hand on my thigh, drawing small circles with his thumb, "It was stupid and wrong of me"

"Indeed" I murmur. Yasmin was watching us curiously and she gave me a thumbs up when she caught me looking. "Will you apologise to them?"

"Of course, babe" Ashton frowned and quickly glanced at Yasmin before back to me, "I just want you back"

--

"Blake!" Yasmin and I turn around simultaneously as a familiar voice called out. Calum ran up to us, a boost juice in his hand. "Hey, babe"

"Oh, Cal" I scratch my arm awkwardly and force a smile. "This is Yasmin. She just moved here from England"

"Hi!" He extended a hand towards Yasmin and she shook it, saying hi. "I'm Calum, also known as Blake's best friend"

"Yasmin, also know as Blake's new friend" Yasmin laughed. "How'd you two meet?"

"He called me a typical white girl and I told him to fuck off" I tell her.

"Wait. Seriously?"

Calum grinned and nodded. "And then I kept being nice to her and eventually she decided to be my friend"

"Actually, you forced it upon me by doing whatever you could to get my attention" I laugh. "Remember the time you poked yourself in the eye with the straw?"

Calum glared at me. "Never speak of that again"

Yasmin bit her lip to keep from laughing, "You two seem like you would make a good couple" She paused and glanced at me. I widened my eyes and shook my head subtly, hoping she wouldn't mention Ashton. Understanding what I meant, she continued, "But you act more like siblings"

"Siblings?" Calum frowned. He regained himself and forced a smile, "Muke are having a party because school starts again soon and both of you are officially invited"

"When and where?" I ask, looking at Yasmin, "And do you want to go?" She shrugged and nodded.

"Tomorrow night and at Michael's. I'll text you the rest of the details"

"Wait, I've never been to a party," Yasmin said, "What do I wear?"

"What size are you?" I questioned, "You could fit into this dress of mine that's too small for me"

"We could try" Yasmin grinned.

"Okay, see you two there" Calum began to turn away before he paused and looked back to me, "Oh. And Ashton might be there" He turned and walked away, leaving Yasmin and I alone once more.

"Okay, what the hell just happened?" She asked.