t w e n t y s e v e n

n e m e s i s

"Don't you know I'm no good for you? I've learned to lose you, can't afford you. Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin', but nothing ever stops you leavin'."

. . .

I cried for two days. Every time I'd wake up, I'd remember what went down with Alessio.

And then I'd start crying.

Story of my life.

It's just too painful. I've grown so accustomed to this man, and the fact that he'll be gone is surreal to me.

He has sent me texts, which I ignored. I don't want to be reminded of the fact that he's leaving. He keeps asking if I want to meet up, which I don't.

Because if I go and see him, it would be the last time. And that thought breaks my heart.

Matt has been a real support, which I appreciate. He has been distracting me and has been able to make me forget the sad reality for a few moments.

I wake up from my thoughts when my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Alessio.

I let out a deep sigh and wonder if I should pick up. I've been ignoring him for the past few days, maybe it's time that I respond.

"Hello?" I say as soon as I pick up. "Nemesis," Alessio says, voice filled with surprise. I guess he didn't expect me to pick up.

"Yes," I say and clear my throat, my emotions already taking over. "Why did you call?" I ask.

"I brought the news to Ruby, about the divorce," he says. "And?" I ask.

"She thought it was because of you, but I could see that she had mixed emotions about it all. But I think that she realizes that it's the best for us all," he says, his deep voice ringing in my ears.

"That's good," I say, genuinely not knowing what else to say. "Yeah..." he says and trails off.

"So... have you figured out where you're going yet?" I ask.

"Yes... we're going to England. The only reason we came here was because of Ruby's mother, but now that she's dead we don't have to stay here anymore," he says.

"It's the best for the kids, and Ruby is coming with us too. Although we're not going to live back together."

I swallow back a gasp.

England?

"That's... far," I say and inhale sharply. "Yes, I know," he says. I lean back against the wall and close my eyes for one second.

"I was wondering if we could meet up, for the last time?" he asks. The words I have been dreading come out of his mouth.

I purse my lips together. "Sure," I say.

He lets out a sigh in relief. "Okay, what about tomorrow?" he suggests. "Sounds good," I tell him, and already know that tomorrow is going to be a tough day.

He talks a bit more, with little response from me, and eventually, we say goodbye. I put my phone to the side and look out of my window.

I know that I should take my meds, but every time I stand in front of the cabinet to take them, I hesitate for some reason and I have no idea why.

I don't know what'll happen if I start taking them again. I don't want my feelings for Alessio to go away.

The thought of him hurts me. The thought of him leaving devastates me. I can't believe that he'll be gone soon.