s i x t e e n

n e m e s i s

"You really know how to make me cry when you give me those ocean eyes."

. . .

Alright, my first tactic didn't work. Now I know that if I need to get his attention, I don't need to be as extreme as now.

I mean, I've got his attention but not the kind I wanted. Feeling down, I let out a sigh and lean back in the bathtub. I press my lips together as I think about what I can do.

There just needs to be something that sends Alessio running to me.

But then, as I stare up at the ceiling with my bottom lip trapped between my teeth, it's like a light begins to flicker as another idea forms in my mind.

After a long and lonely night, it's finally Sunday and I can't wait to get out of here as soon as possible, only to return as soon as I can to set my plan into action

After a long and lonely night, it's finally Sunday and I can't wait to get out of here as soon as possible, only to return as soon as I can to set my plan into action. I sit up and let out a long and deep sigh.

After sitting in bed and staring a little too long at the wall, I decide it is time for me to get up and go downstairs. I put my clothes from yesterday back on and walk into the bathroom.

I search for a bit, but still manage to find a brush for my teeth. After I brushed my teeth, I comb my hair and throw some cold water in my face to wake me up.

When I'm all done, I walk out of the bathroom and go downstairs to find Alessio in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in his hands.

As soon as he hears another pair of footsteps enter the room, he turns his head and sends me a small smile once he sees me.

"Hey," he says, and sets his cup down. A worried look takes over his features. "Are you okay? Slept well?" he asks. No.

I nod my head. "Yeah, I guess. Still felt a little scared," I shrug. I'm still glad I did what I did because now I have another excuse to act vulnerable around him and to have him wrapped around my finger. He bites the corner of his lip.

"I feel so bad for you, but I'm relieved that you called me. I don't want to think about what could've happened to you," he says. I smile at him, but I notice the sudden absence of a certain cheery woman.

"Where's Ruby?" I ask, and look around. "She's in the living room. We just called to make an appointment for the funeral and she's letting the realization of it all sink in," he explains. I purse my lips.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone to handle it on your own. I don't want to be an intruder," I say softly, and shift a little in my spot. He shakes his head.

"No, you're not. Don't worry Nemesis. And you can always come to the funeral if you want to. I think Ruby would appreciate it," he says lowly. I nod and send him a smile.

"I will be there. Text me the details, alright?" I ask him. He nods. "Do I need to drive you to your house?" he asks. I think about it.

"No, I'll just call an Uber who can drop me off where I left my car," I say and get my phone out of my pocket. I quickly search for one and in only a matter of seconds I've got one.