f o u r

n e m e s i s

"Last night, boy I met you. Yeah, when I was sleeping. You're such a dream to me."

. . .

Later that night I lay in bed, thinking about the man that has occupied a lot of my mind lately.

He just gives me this feeling I can't quite describe. A feeling like I'm safe. He makes me feel safe. He gives me the attention I need.

I turn around in my bed and look out of my window. The moon shines down on me, lighting up my room in its dim light. My mind returns to Alessio.

It's like he knows what I feel. We have the same mind, and my conversations with him intrigue me. I don't know what he's thinking, he's a hard man to read and yet it feels like we've known each other forever.

He seems a great friend, husband, and father. A light smile covers my face.

I'm happy for Ruby. She's found the perfect man, and I'm sure she's amazing as well, for he's married to her. They seem to have a great family, with two beautiful and sweet children.

With the wish that I'll have a family of my own like that, I fall asleep.

The red light of the room covers my face. I walk around, studying all the pictures hanging on the thread.

Alessio's surprised eyes look right back into my brown ones and I smile at the picture. I step aside a little and see the other one I took.

He's looking down at the ground with a shy smile, the lines around his eyes only wrinkling a little bit as he laughs. His dimple is on display, the same goes for his pearly white teeth.

I bite the corner of my lip as I study the picture. I edited the picture to black and white, and as I predicted, it came out beautiful. I've taken it on the day when I visited them for the barbecue.

I took a lot of pictures that day. Lucas and Phoebe kept begging me to take a picture of them, which I did, of course. I took pictures of the couple and friends.

I'll give them the pictures when I see them again. If I'll see them again. There's something about the family that attracts me to them. I like spending time with them.

Maybe it's the house?

I exit the room and see my brother coming from the kitchen. "Dickhead," I mutter as we pass. "Bitch," he replies and runs up the stairs. I roll my eyes and enter the kitchen.

"Hey honey," dad says. I look up and smile. "Dad," I say, and grab a glass from one of the cupboards.

"I saw you going into the darkroom," he says when he looks up from his laptop. "Oh yeah," I say, and fill my glass with some lemonade.

"I took a couple of pictures on Sunday when I went to the barbecue? I'll give them when I see them again," I shrug, and take a sip of the sweet liquid. I feel my phone vibrate against my back pocket.