f i v e

n e m e s i s

"Sweet creature, we're running through the garden where nothing bothered us. We're still young, I always think about you and how we don't speak enough."

. . .

"Yo birthday girl!" my brother screams as he bursts into my room. "Matthew!" I shout once he's jumped on the bed and starts hitting me with a pillow. "Fuck you!" I scream and push him off my bed. He throws his head back in laughter.

"You need to get up. Wouldn't want to be late at your party, do you?"

"It only starts till 2 fucking PM!"

His laughter continues. "I know, I just like to annoy you," he says and gets up. I groan when he opens my curtains, letting the sunshine enter my room. I roll over in bed, covering my eyes with the pillow, and sigh.

"I hate you," I murmur and hear my door slam shut. With my hand, I reach for my nightstand and touch around until I find my phone. I squeeze my eyes shut a little, and manage to read the hour.

7 AM.

"Fuck you, Matthew!"

The first couple of guests have arrived, and I haven't even shown myself

The first couple of guests have arrived, and I haven't even shown myself. I look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath. I let my eyes travel over my body, and am a little hesitant with the dress.

 I let my eyes travel over my body, and am a little hesitant with the dress

It's a pretty revealing dress, and Matthew noticed my uneasiness. He told me I didn't have to wear it if I didn't want to.

He told me he's there to protect me if I'm uncomfortable, so why not wear it?

I fiddle with my hands in front of me and let my eyes scan my body one last time.

"You look beautiful."

A shriek leaves my lips at the unexpected voice, making me whirl around. My eyes meet piercing blue ones staring at me.

"Alessio?" I ask confused. He's holding a bouquet of orchids in his hands. My lips part in surprise as I eye the Greek flowers.