o n e

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTION OF ATTEMPTED R*PE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAPTER

n e m e s i s

"Isn't it lovely, all alone? Heart made of glass, my mind of stone. Tear me to pieces, skin and bone. Hello, welcome home."

. . .

The wind feels cold against my cheeks and bare legs, making me clutch my coat tighter around myself. A shiver runs up my spine as I walk down the streets of Seattle.

It wasn't a smart idea to leave the party on foot. I live at least 2 miles away, and my ride bailed on me. My brother not returning any of my calls also isn't helping.

A sigh escapes my lips, and I brace myself for the long walk.

My lips are dry from the number of times I've licked them and the wind has nipped at the wet skin. My hair is flying in all directions, irritating the hell out of me.

The street lights are showing me the way, and I notice some raindrops starting to fall from the dark sky.

Another sigh comes from me.

Amazing.

My heels click against the pavement, announcing my presence.

"Hello there, woman," I hear a male voice whistle at me from the distance. In the corner of my eye, I see three men standing across the street.

Woman.

Swallowing back a scoff, I ignore them and continue my way home.

"Aw, don't ignore us, babe," one of them yells. I pick up my pace a little bit, and so does my heart when I hear footsteps behind me.

"We only want to talk! Maybe have a drink," I hear one of them say mockingly. I take a deep breath and walk faster. I slowly reach inside my pocket, ready to grab my phone, when a scream is ripped from me due to me being grabbed.

"Shh," a male's voice whispers into my ear. I start to wriggle out of his grip, but he only grips me tighter and covers my mouth with his hand to prevent me from screaming.

The other two men appear in my sight, and my eyes widen in terror when they drag me into an alley. I feel the rain landing harder and harder on us.

I start yelping behind the man's hand and bite with all I have into his hand. His grip loosens, and he yells in pain. But before I can even move a muscle, I'm being slapped right across the cheek, causing me to gasp for air and stumble back in surprise.

I'm not even recovered from the slap or I feel a fist connect with my temple, which ends up with my head colliding with the wall.

I feel a warm liquid trickle down my face. I'm breathing heavily, trying to catch air when a hand grips my face, forcing me to look up into a pair of green eyes.