38

⚠️S*ICIDE MENTION⚠️                               038
_____________________

It only took a brief moment before your blindfold gently fell down your face, grazing your cheeks. Though everything was a blur, one predominant colour shone through it all.

Blue.

A sparkling blue phantasmagoria off the East River, reflecting the cobalt lights of the police vehicle sirens. Nonetheless, none of these blue displays were quite like one... the dazzling display of crystal blue eyes in front of you. Difficult to read, but present nonetheless.

Satoru?

Soft speckled raindrops slid down your cheeks, as you blinked to refocus. He was really here... he was right infront of you. We're you dreaming? No, you coulnt be. Your body stung like hell, but knowing Satoru was right here before you helped to pacify it a little. Contrasting your relief, the next words left your lips like a prayer. "D-don't shoot..."

Your eyes would shift to Satoru's hands. Hands that used to fidget with every little thing he could find, currently occupying the trigger of a gun. That wasn't without hesitation. If you couldn't read it in his eyes, you could definitely read it in his posture. He really didn't want to shoot that gun.

Shifting his eyes to you showed you a hint of relief, until moving them behind you to Suguru. There was a bitter undertone to his words. "Suguru, I don't know what the hell you have been doing, hell I don't even know who you are anymore." Taking out a deep breath, he steadied his aim. "Let go of Y/n right now if you want to get out of this alive."

Suguru's grasp only tightened as he decisively positioned himself behind you. Using you as a shield against Satoru - though that wasn't met with any passivity from you. You stuggled. As much as you can, you tried to break free from his grasp. "SA-"

You were interrupted by the cool rim of a gun barrel digging into the side of your head. You gulped.

"This is an exchange between him and I, not you," Suguru muttered, levelling the gun against your head before moving it slightly lower down your neck. "If you make this difficult, I won't give you the satisfaction of a painless death. Drowning in your own blood... how does that sound? He calls you red right? How ironic."

You'll never forget the look in Satoru's eyes after this display. Sheer unbridled rage. It was a look foreign to the detectives features, at least for you. It... it oddly reminded you of Suguru, a correlation that made you nervous. Nonetheless, you shut up completely. "Shoot Y/n, and then what the hell will you do? You won't even have time to blink if you shoot her, Suguru. You know, your virtuosic way of detective work never stuck with me. I don't mind having a mess to clean up."

Before Suguru could comment further, a loud gunshot echoed throughout the bridge as the clang of metal rung in your eardrums viciously. You were shaking. Though your head was relieved of the pressure of Suguru's gun pressed on its side, you felt the splatter of blood brush your cheeks before it was washed away by the midnight rain. Satoru shot a hole clean though Suguru's hand... only a few inches away from your temple. He could have killed you there and then if he missed.

"If you want to keep your hands I suggest letting her go." Satoru scoffed, reloading his pistol. "You want to negotiate this badly with me? Well, this is my style of negotiation. You were pointing that gun to the wrong person, Suguru."