028

028
_____________________

Satoru woke up Sunday morning with an IV in his arm. Was he hospitalized? He guessed his plan for escaping the black toothed male was successful since if he was alive and brought here it was certainly not his doing. It had to of been someone from the dinner party. That being said...

Where were you?

The last time he remembered seeing you was around dinner. After that you should have been with Nanami. Though he hoped that was true last night, a quick glance to his right would instil some panic with that thought. After all, Nanami was sharing the hospital room with him in a questionable condition. If Nanami was like that, what happened to you? Were you safe, or...

Interrupting his own thoughts, he searched around for his phone to get some answers. Luckily, his phone was tucked neatly in a drawer by his bedside. He silently prayed for another message from you, a voicemail, anything, but nothing would appear. And so he took the initiative to dial your number.

NOW CALLING
RED
...

_____________________

The male patiently waited for you to pick up.

Ring, ring, ring...

To his surprise he heard a distant ringing coming from Nanami's side of the room. That was odd. This was your number, it should be going to your phone, right? He double checked the contact, proving it to be correct. Nanami was currently unconscious, so the only one he could call to ask about this discrepancy was Itadori. So the detective made another call.

NOW CALLING
YUJI ITADORI
...

_____________________

"Hello?"

"Yuji," the detective begun, clasping the phone against his ear. "Is Y/n with you?"

"Sir Gojo?" Yuji stuttered as the phone shifted on his end, "I haven't seen her at all, Sir. Last night I found both you and Sir Nanami unconscious so I-"

"Why is Y/n's phone here?"

The boy paused on the other side of the line. "Her phone? I did pick up a phone... I thought it was Sir Nanami's."

Satoru took a moment to himself to piece the information he had. If Yuji picked up your phone by accident, chances are you weren't in the area to correct the mistake. You should have had your phone in your purse since that's where it was after Megumi entered his number in your contacts. Something must have made you take out your phone for you to leave it behind.

The call.

You called him last night, meaning you took out your phone at least one time after you both were parted. Could that of been around the same time you were separated from it?

"Yuji. Where did you find the phone?"

Yuji pressed his lips together in thought. "It was on a bed. It was the same room I found Sir Nanami in."

"And Y/n was not there when you found it?"

"Yes sir."

Satoru fidgeted with the thin blanket that was currently covering his torso. "Send me the guest list. There's something I need to check." Every individual who stepped foot inside Satoru's house that night was ID'd. This means if Satoru could really trust his security system, the perpetrator's name should be on the document. This should be a good enough lead to weave out some suspects.