030

030
_____________________

𝚃𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝟸0𝟷𝟼. 𝙰 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍. 𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚞 𝙶𝚘𝚓𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝙽𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚒.

"We're having a difficult time identifying this one Satoru," Nanami muttered on the other side of the line. After the firm had received information that there's been a development with the case, Nanami had called Satoru as per his request. Though, even if Nanami was to hide this information the number one would find out eventually. "The body's been badly burned... any features have been wiped clean off."

Satoru had been sitting at his desk, fidgeting with a pen in his hand. Not one word left Nanami's mouth that wasn't carefully written down by the primed detective. "Did you get a weight class?" Satoru asked in suspense, clenching his teeth. Though he was trying to be calm, anyone would be able to notice the tension in his voice.

"We did."

"Is it... possible?"

Nanami hesitated before his response. "It is."

Satoru clenched the phone in his hands, taking a moment for himself to recalibrate. "I'm coming to the scene now. Have no one touch a thing."

"Satoru, I'm afraid you're not in the right mind to come here. I will handle the inv-"

The call ended abruptly. Without a word more, Satoru Gojo stood from his seat as he grabbed his trench coat from the coat rack. Putting it on, he swiftly made his way out of the office.

A burned body. A burned body. A burned body. This was different - it didn't match the killing patterns of the Patchwork faced man. Nonetheless, it was connected to the criminal organization case somehow. After all, they seemed to be in collaborations with a pyromaniac. The inside-job burning of the cargo ship a few weeks back would have concluded that much. But why were they burning corpses now?

The obvious answer would be to hide someone's identity. Though the weight class was similar, could this be an operative of their organization they didn't want known? The cargo ship fire was a sign of infighting, hell even the original patchwork faced male case showed those signs. Is there something happening behind the scenes he should be noticing?

The best case scenario would be if he's correct. If this is a criminal operative, the best case would be to figure out their identity. If the identity is groundbreaking, he could string a bunch of suspects through any known interactions of the actor. With more suspects, there will be more room to scout out and find their base of operations. Then, he'll have all the information he needed to finally find you again.

The worst case scenario was a scenario the detective was desperately trying to keep out of his mind.

_____________________

Nanami sighed as he saw the silhouette of a white tufted detective enter the scene. "Satoru I told you I would handle this." Meanwhile, Yuji was pacing back and forth. The crime scene was tenser than usual.

Pushing Nanami aside, Satoru pulled his gloves over his hands. All he could do was hope for the best case scenario - which made him feel helpless in his own right. Without a blunder, he was useless.

Walking up to the body, the first thing he noticed was the shape. Judging by the curvature of the hips, it was reasonable to conclude the body was feminine. Eye colour, hair colour and skin colour was out of the question... it was all burned up as described by Nanami. Shoe size... seemed to match up.