018

018
_____________________

"Satoru, I have to do groceries."

Work was over, meaning it was time to operate like a regular human. Since you were with Satoru for the majority of the weekend, you hadn't been able to do any grocery shopping. If you didn't want instant noodles tonight, you'd need to make a trip to the store today.

"Let me come with youuuu~," the detective whined, holding onto your hands playfully. Though his eyes were sunken in, he still made it a point to be high energy. If he was just to look after you, god knows he won't get any desperately needed rest. Besides, your promise with Satoru hasn't officially started yet. You weren't sure when you were moving into Satoru's place in Jersey, so you wanted to savour any moment alone you could. When you move in, mundane festivities like grocery shopping may be a rarity.

You shook your head. "Satoru... I'll be fine." Gently sliding your phone out of your pocket, you hand it to the male. "Here, set up whatever tracking thing so you don't have to worry about me. I'll just be in and out. In the meantime, I just want you to relax."

He opened his mouth to argue before pausing himself. After giving it an internal moment of thought, he took your phone from your hands, jumping straight into your settings to figure everything out. As he worked on sorting out the tracking abilities he shot a small glance up towards you, his sunken eyes dulling momentarily. "I'll be ready to pick you up afterwards to take you to your place. Please... be careful."

You nodded. "Thank you, Satoru. I'll call you as soon as I'm ready to leave." The last thing you wanted to do was be a burden on the tired detective, so you'll do whatever you can to reassure him. You'll be safe, he doesn't need to worry about you.

...

_____________________

NOW CALLING
BLUE
...

_____________________

Of course he didn't pick up. No matter your relationship status to the man, one thing remained consistent: he was unreliable. This was but another factor that made you doubt his 'overprotective' persona over you.

Sighing with your groceries in hand, you looked both ways before crossing the street. You weren't gonna wait for god knows how long for Satoru to eventually pick you up. After all, you were rocking two whole tubs of ice cream and you couldn't afford for them to melt on you today.

So, you walked through the bustling streets of New York. It was very busy, granted it was still rush hour. From traffic jams to dense pedestrian sidewalks, it would have been impossible for you to squeeze through if you had bought anything more. Luckily, you only had food for about two nights (and the two ice creams, of course). After all, you were expected to move to Jersey. Knowing Satoru, that could happen as soon as tomorrow.

You continued to get lost in your thoughts, before something was to interrupt you. "Excuse me, miss!"

It was a familliar voice... and a voice you couldn't help but notice was directed to you. Turning around to meet the attention of the calling voice, you saw something held before you. Was that...

"I believe you dropped this. Miss L/n?" He asked, holding your ID before your face. How did you drop your wallet? You didn't notice anything fall out of your pocket, but you guess if you did you'd have been the one to pick it up.  Nonetheless, you were lucky it fell into this man's hands. Some people wouldn't bat an eye at the chance to walk away with all of your savings in a snap.