032

032
_____________________

The click of Gojo's heels could be heard as he walked alongside Sir Nanami down the narrow hallway of GDF away from the blonde detectives office.

"How can you be so certain?" Nanami questioned, trying to keep up with his long legged friend. It seemed Satoru showed no remorse for the height difference showing no signs of slowing down.

"How can I be so certain?" Satoru repeated, clenching the evidence bag in his fist. "I know this lipstick like the back of my hand, Nanami. There's something... off."

But Sir Nanami was still skeptical of his colleague. "Appearance alone, you're able to tell? We haven't dismantled it, nor ran it through any chemical tests. How do you know?"

Satoru paused, causing the blonde detective to also halt in his tracks. As Nanami turned to face the white haired detective, Satoru was already sliding the piece of evidence out of the bag. "Look closely."

Nanami took a closer look at the lipstick. It showed signs of being worn of course, the lipstick top adopting some indents from your lips. But... something was off. Lipstick is a product produced in batches, meaning it's typically pressed in a mold. Though sometimes they are prone to imperfections, those usually come from air pockets and bubbles that accidentally found their way into the formula. Never should the lipstick have the imperfection shown in the pigment in Satoru's hands.

An elevated crease on the side of the product.

"I've already called the manufacturers," Satoru paused. "No complaints about a streak in the lipstick has been reported in any other batch, nor the batch this lipstick was produced in. Nevertheless even without the confirmation, I know I didn't give Y/n a lipstick with such an imperfection.

"So you're thinking it's a dupe?" Nanami paused in thought. "They bought a replica of the lipstick to throw in the crime scene?"

"No," Satoru frowned. "This is the lipstick. My eyes didn't deceive me... plus, the tube was fingerprinted with her and my prints. This is most definitely her lipstick."

"Then what could this possibly be?" Nanami asked, squinting at the tube in dismay. "If it's confirmed to be her lipstick, what relevance does this imperfection have to the case?"

"Nanami," Satoru couldn't help but let a small smirk crawl on his lips. "We finally have a blunder."

_____________________

4 Days Earlier.

Where... what...

You woke up in a dazed state. Checking your surroundings, you were able to conclude you were in a bedroom. It was unfamiliar. What were you doing last? You were at the detective gala, and then... chloroform. You were drugged to fall asleep. But why did you wake up here of all places, alive and unrestrained?

Did Satoru save you?

You got up to quickly investigate the room. There was no clothes in the drawers, no accessories, no hygiene products.... it was vacant for sure. Not even the furniture showed any sign of use. And so you made your way up to the door. Reaching out your hand, you wrapped your fingers around the doorknob to find it was locked from the outside. Why would Satoru lock you in a room from the outside?

Shifting your gaze around, you noticed a camera lens in the corner. From its red blinking light, you could only presume you were being monitored. Now this wouldn't be something Satoru would do.

Kamo. He was the last person you saw, someone you thought you knew but were dead wrong about. At the end of the day, this was all your fault. Though what happened seemed to of been apart of some grand scheme, it was your fault for getting so comfortable with him. Hell, he even drove you home! Even after all the precautions Satoru took, it was doomed from the start because you weren't cautious enough.