Part 2 of Chapter 2

Gabbi and I walked for a bit longer, but when it started getting dark, we both headed home. I walked her back to her house, so she wouldn't be alone (and also for protection), then quickly scurried back to mine. The temperature had dropped drastically, from cool to just plain freezing, so my arms felt like they were frozen to my sides. I tried running to keep my body heat up, but it only tired me out so I stopped.

            When I was nearly to my house, I saw the creep with the trench coat lurking near my driveway.

Qiuetly, I snuck behind a tree and waited until he left.  Which happened to take forever.

I grunted in annoyance, then relief when he finally turned and started walking in the other direction. Thank god! I slowly stood up and made my way to the road but before I could, a loud snap broke through the air. In horror, I realized that I had not only broken a large branch and hurt my leg, but also attracted the attention of the creeper guy. His head jerked around in my direction, so I let myself fall to the ground in order to conceal my tall body, from his view.

Through all the thick strands of grass in front of my face, I could see the guy hesitate for a moment, then slowly, he began walking off again. I breathed a sigh of relief, and  carefully pulled myself up again. My leg hurt pretty bad so it was hard to walk acorss the steet but I made it work out.

As I limped down the narrow driveway, I kept thinking, "what the hell was that guy doing here!?....maybe he was one of  mom's new boyfriends....nah....he was too much of a stalker for her and I bet he would creep her out, too. Just like he did me."

        The moment I walked into the house, I could already tell my mom was piss drunk. And very angry, at that.  I thought that she was going to blow a bloodvessel, her face was so red!

"Jason Allen Binx!! Where in god's creation have you been!? I have been absolutely worried sick about you!" When she said 'sick', spit flew out of her mouth and through the air like the water from a water gun, then landed on my shirt. I calmly ignored it, then answered her question.

"I met up with Gabbi, and we hung out a little." Her face grew even more red and I swear to god I thought I could hear her growling under her breath.

"You know how I feel about that 'Gabbi' girl. Always wearing those skimpy little black outfits like some whore. I raised you better than to hang around with trash like that!!!" I was utterly appalled.

            "Don't you dare talk about her that way!!! She's my friend, and I don't give a fuck what you say!!! I started to storm off but then I stopped myself, and faced my mom again.

"One more thing, Gabbi, is in fact, not a whore and even if she were, that would make you a total hypocrite for saying that.  You're the one who is fucking every guy in a one hundred yard radius. Not her. You! You're the whore, mom!"

           I thought my chest was going to explode. I had never stood up to her like that. Ever. Before my thoughts could register, her palm came down hard across my face. The pain was agonizing. I felt like my whole cheek had erupted into flames.

Through angry tears, she screamed, "You little piece of shit! How dare you talk to me that way!!! Go to your room!!! Now!!" I felt sort of in a daze as I ran up the stairs to my room, and slammed the door as hard as I could. From downstairs, I could hear my mom screaming, and the shattering of glass. Finally, it ended with the garage door opening, and her car racing out onto the open road. She was probably headed to the nearest bar to drink until her wits end. Thats normally how it ended everytime we got into a fight. Other than this afternoon, she was almost always drunk so I don't even think she noticed I was there half of the time.

       When I was younger, and shit like this happened, I'd be alone in the house for days before she ca,e back.

But I eventually learned to fend for myself, so all of this was pretty much like de ja vu for me now.