Chapter 46 Nothing Was Fair In Love And War

Chapter 46: Nothing was fair in love and war

"You have disappointed me so much tonight, Sandy, I cannot even express it in words," Gramma said in her best disappointed tone. "What you did today was terrible!"

"Gramma, I cleaned out the bugs for you!" I did my best to contain my laughter. We heard some quiet snickers on the other side of the door. Gramma gave me an amused smile before starting again.

"Sandy, that's not the behavior I expect from you. You fed our guest dead insects, and that's absolutely not accepted."

"You fed them chicken. I fed them insects. I don't see the big difference," I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes. "Stop it, Sandy!" I looked at her, confused as to what I was supposed to stop. She quickly added, "I don't appreciate you talking back to me. I also don't appreciate you proceeding with that prank of yours."

Gramma had barged in my room ten minutes after I left. She had closed the door, but we knew the rest of the people were definitely overhearing this. Gramma heard my side of the story, first, and told me it was a bad revenge to put dead stuff and peppers in cookies. 

She expected a better prank from me.

Guess, I was a disappointment. She did, however, mention that Lucas had ran to clean his mouth with soap water and ate a whole pack of gum. That was hilarious.

Gramma had left him to come tell me that I wasn't a good person, but instead she joined my side.

Then, when we had heard silent creaks, Gramma began her acting. I was sitting there trying my best to burst out laughing. Everyone else outside probably thought Gramma was really mad when In reality, she was doing it for fun. At times like this, I actually was glad to have her.

"Sorry, I thought it was good, but it wasn't." I was a terrible actor, I swear.

"Never again do I want you to do this. Understood?"

I tried my best not to laugh. With a loud sigh, I said, "Yes."

"Good. Now, go apologize to Lucas."

I blinked at her. This wasn't in the plan. "What?"

"You heard me. I want you to go downstairs and apologize to Lucas Crowell for feeding him your cookies." She gave me a serious and stern look. "Don't you dare argue or the consequences won't be nice." Here I thought we were on the same team. Gramma was such a traitor! We heard some creaking and both of us figured the idiots left.

"Are you serious?" I asked for clarification.

"Yes. Now, go. Poor boy deserves an apology," she softened.

"Fine, but 'sorry' doesn't solve everything." I shrugged and walked out of my room.

"Sandy, pretend I yelled at you, at least," Gramma whispered from behind,

I rolled my eyes and put on a my-Gramma-just-yelled-at-me face. It was extremely difficult because my grandmother never really yelled at us. She believed that was our parents' job--the same parents who never bothered to do anything.

Anyhow, I walked down the steps to the living room with Gramma right on my heels. Everyone was watching the "Amazing Spiderman." What happened to Harry Potter?

Muggles, I swear.

Gramma nudged me from behind, bringing my memory back to what I was supposed to do. "Lucas, dear, Sandy wants to talk to you." Gramma said because I wasn't talking.

Lucas and everyone else looked up at us. Naturally, all them knew I was told to apologize. As if that was going to happen . . . in front of all these idiots.