Looking Glass

Set Early in Reaper and Geno's marriage during the neutral route. 

   "Reaper can you read me the directions?" Geno was grabbing several ingredients for Morang's cake. 

   "Sure thing." Reaper grabbed the paper and went to read. His eyes must be having a particularly bad day. He rubbed them hoping it was just sleep... He held the paper farther away from his face. He could sorta make it out now?

   "Reaper..?"

   Reaper looked up. Oh no Geno was staring at him. He laughed it off. "Sorry just messing with you. Its two cups of flour." 

   Geno frowned and set the bag of sugar down. He held two fingers close to Reapers face. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

   Reaper swallowed and pushed the hand away with a laugh. "Enough to show off that pretty ring of yours." Flirting usually got Geno off his back. 

   Geno just looked more concerned. He helf the fingers up again. "Reaper. Answer seriously."

   Reaper blinked and tried to focus. "I uhm.... Four...?" That was the wrong answer. He could tell by the look in Geno's eye sockets. 

   "Reaper do you need glasses?"

   "No! I'm fine!"

   "How long have you needed glasses?" At this point Geno didn't know about Reapers mother...

   Reaper figured there was no way to hide it now... "A while? Since I was a kid? I just never got a pair." He muttered. 

   "Why not?" Geno didn't sound upset just worried and curious. 

   Reaper should have know that interaction would lead to this. He fidgeted nervously waiting for the clerk to bring his glasses to the front. 

   "Here you are!" The girl smiled brightly. 

   Geno nudged his husband lightly. "Try them on!"

   Reaper opened the box and pulled the glasses out. It was a simple black frame with the lenses embedded in it. He never had a pair of glasses of his own. He knew that his father had worn them but... he didn't remember his father much. He unfolded the glasses and slid them on. 

   Geno grinned. "Well?"

   Reaper sucked in a short breath and looked around. Everything looked so much clearer. So crisp. There was a clear edge to everything now and colors didn't blur together. He turned back to Geno and admired his face for a moment. After a moment he spoke," You look even prettier when I can see you."

   Geno paused and then snickered shoving the younger man. "Shut up!"

   Reaper laughed quietly. "Do they look okay?" His voice was tentative and nervous.

   Geno smiled and kissed his husband lightly. "They look perfect Reaps."

   Needless to say Reaper loved his glasses.