Uncle Fresh

The knocking at the front door pulled Fresh from his computer. Who could be here at this time? He was the only one up and that was because of his messed up sleep schedule. Fresh trudged over to the door with a small yawn. 

   The sight of Raven at the door made any tiredness melt away. He had his arms wrapped around himself and tears pooling in his eyes. He was shaking and drenched in water. "U-uncle Fresh. I'm really sorry, i-i know e-everyone is asleep but I didn't know where else to go!" He hiccupped. 

   "Oh stars. Raven what in the world happened?" Fresh pulled his teenaged nephew inside and ran to get a towel.

   "T-this girl I know. I was a-at my bridge and she p-pushed me into the w-water." Now that Fresh looked he noticed Raven had a crack in his skull. He must have hit a rock. 

   "A girl?" Fresh had to keep Raven talking. Make sure he stayed conscious. 

   "Y-yeah. She hates me!" Raven hiccupped leaning into the warm towel. "She made me do her homework and her boyfriend beats me up and *hic* and she said if I ever told anyone she'd s-say I tried to you know... touch her." 

   Fresh felt his soul twist. He suddenly felt like puking. That was horrible. "Oh my stars." He wrapped the towel tighter around Raven and looked over the crack. It was thin but there were a lot of fracture lines. He didn't know how deep into the bone it went. "Have you told anyone else about this?"

   Raven sniffled. "Goth knows... and B-Blueprint." He admitted. His vision was spotty. "My h-head hurts."

   Fresh pulled Raven close. "Club! I need you know!" He called. "Keep talking kiddo. Why were you at the bridge?"

   "I go there to think..." Raven muttered holding onto his uncles bright shirt. 

   "Who knows about that?"

   "Just papa and Blueprint..." 

   Fresh sighed as there were feet on the stairs. He looked up at a bleary Club. "Hospital. Now."  

   Club rubbed at his eyes and slipped his shoes on. He was clearly still half asleep. He grabbed the keys. "Come on."

   Raven sniffled looking up. "Don't tell anyone about this. Ill go back to counseling but please don't tell anyone. Say I s-snuck out to see Bluesprint or something." 

   Fresh frowned looking at his nephew. "We'll see." He went to usher Raven off to the car. 

The Raven tangent continues....