Pride - Cloud and Cypher Pt. 2

Cypher chewed his lip lightly and sighed. "We're really leaving already?" He knew that he could just talk to Cloud over the phone but... It wouldn't be the same. They had bonded over their late night iHop visits. Turns out neither of them slept very well. So they got iHop. 

   "Wow little Chyphy Wyphy actually liked his time here? That's a first." Rune chuckled packing her stuff away.

   "Shut up Rune." Cypher hissed. His stuff never really left his suitcase anyway so he was already packed. He glanced out the window again. he really wasn't gonna get to see Cloud before they left?

   "Something wrong Cyph?" Karma hummed. 

   Cypher crossed his arms. 'No. It's fine." He put his phone back into his pocket. 

   Karma and Matthew shared a look and then looked back at Cypher in concern. "Is there something you-"

   "I said it's fine." Cypher huffed resting his chin in his palm. "When are we leaving?"

   "Theres the Cypher we know." Rune muttered and rolled her eyes. 

   Karma frowned. "Soon..." He went to finish packing. 

   "Good." Cypher ignored the ding in his pocket. Best course of action. Forget about Cloud and get back to life. That's the easiest path to follow. 

   "Come on kids. We're done." Matthew smiled opening up the door.

   "Finally!" Rune jumped up and headed out the door. 

   "Okay." He put one hand in his pocket and dragged his suitcase behind him with the other. He ignored the rest of the dings of his phone.

   "Are you going to get that?' Karma asked. 

   "It's nothing important." Cypher responded.

   Karma sighed and closed the door after he stepped out. 

   Mattie smiled and opened up a portal. "If we hurry we can be unpacked in time for the fireworks festival."

   "Okay." Cypher muttered heading over to his father. 

   "Cypher!!! Wait!!!" 

   Cypher turned just in time for Cloud to crash into him. They both toppled to the ground. Cypher glared up at Cloud. "Nice going."

  Cloud flushed and stood up. "Sorry. I just wanted to make sure I caught you!" He grinned offering Cypher a hand up. 

   Cypher took the hand and dusted himself off. "Yes?" His lips tugged upwards despite himself. No. Keep to the best path. No Cloud. 

   . . . But what if this can be the best path?

   Cloud held out a little bracelet. "I uh.. made it myself. I have one too. They match see?" He showed the one on his own wrist with Cypher and a little heart. "If you don't want it that's fine. I just figured we'd had a pretty cool time this week and that we should really hang out more-"

   Cypher took the bracelet very carefully. 'Cloud <3' There was a note attached. 'Happy pride. This might be fast but you're really cool and cute?' He stared at it with a very flushed face. He slid the bracelet on and tightened it. "Cloud."

   Cloud shut his mouth and blinked. His face was very flushed. 

   "Thank you for the gift. I had fun this week as well. I'll have to come back for more late night iHop."

   Cloud gasped. "Like a... like a date?"

   Cypher flushed brighter at the others outright boldness. "It can be..."

   Cloud grinned and hopped a bit. "Awesome! I can't wait! Just tap on the window. I'll be waiting!" He grinned and turned to head back home. He was practically skipping. 

   "Oh my stars." 

   Crap. He forgot them. "Rune don't start..."

   "Who was that-" She grinned. 

   Matthew pushed Rune up to the portal. "Don't tease your brother." He nudged her in. He had a soft smile watching Cypher the whole time.

   And Karma. Karma looked so happy. His baby... He finally found someone who actually got him. 

   Cypher hid in his hood and ducked through the portal. 

   Matthew and Karma shared a small smile and then followed their children.