21- Somebody's watching me- by rockwell

Meave's POV
Hallways of hogwarts
2and week back

I dropped my muggle studies class, mainly since it was all bullshit anyway and I had put in for extra astronomy classes since it was my favourite, about 1 or more classes per day.

Like always I took my seat next to Remus.

"Hey love, How was positions? Remus smiled.

"Pretty good, I was able to help Wormtail pass." I replied quietly as regulus entered the room.

I was still a little shaken up after the incident, even though it had nearly been six months. Regulus was my best friend for the early years of our lives, I didn't know he was capable of being so sick. I guess he did show me a strange kindness last year but I guess he really was just trying to sleep with me.

"You 'kay?" Remus wrapped his arm over me, it felt like he had shielded me from the world.

"Yep." I smiled.

"Class, I hope you studied over summer and just so you know I'll be-" professor Pierce paused, looking at regulus and some Slytherin girl who was flirting with him.
"Black! I see that you must of studied, other wise you would be paying attention. What stars are in Orion's Belt?"

He fell silent, I'm pretty sure it was on purpose. I guess he didn't want to be seen any more of a 'teacher's pet'

"Maeve? You seem to be quite talkative with lupin, I hope you can answer?" He babied.

"Mintaka, Alnilam and Alnitak." I smirked, I was sick of that stupid teacher he always treated me like some 'baby girl' and he acted like he was was so wise even though he was only in his late 20's but he was just a substitute so Professor Sinistra should be back soon.

We mainly just revised for most of the lesson so it was pretty easy and I didn't have talk to regulus or even look at him.
As we got up to leave professor pierce called out on me.

"Maeve, you stay behind."

He waited till everyone was gone and walk over to me.

"Maeve, I noticed your... discomfort in my class, I was wondering what that was about." His voice was sharp and cold with a posh queens English accent.

"Oh, just I'm not particularly fond of some of my classmates." I reassured as he looked down on me.
I started to walk away when he grabbed my wrist.

"Good, because I was worried it was to do with me." He sighed.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Well, since I've been calling you Maeve you seem more distant, and I don't want any of my students to feel displaced, since going to be here for a while." He didn't let go.

"I'm fine, I have to get to my next class." I pulled my arm away and walked out.

Something was off about him, and I didn't want to find out what.
I lied to him, It was my last class and all my friends were in class still.
what better to do than go for a walk in the farm lands.

The orchard was pretty lonely so I spend a lot of time here to clear my head but today I felt like I was being followed. I walked the twisted rocky path through the trees, it was dark since the trees blocked the sun and not to mention it was a cloudy day. Then I found a beautiful ginger cat, well, it found me more or less, stroked itself against my legs.

"Hello little guy, whatcha doing out here all alone?"

He looked up at me, somehow full of sass.

"Yeah, I know I'm alone too.... But not anymore!" I laughed as I sat down against a tree and placed him on my lap. He snuggled further into my arms as if he were starving for love.

"You are so cute that I want to die." I stroked his fur.

I began to vent to him about literally everything, it was nice that he seemed interested.

"And there's this stupid teacher, he's always babying and belittling me. Earlier today he was all up in my face about why I'm so uncomfortable in his class but he was real weird about it. I just said I didn't get on well with some of my class mates, which isn't a lie a boy regulus used to be my friend when we were little but now... let's just say Sirius was right about how bad he is." I sighed, feeling a weight lift off of me.

"I have to give you a name!........ thunder?.... Leo?....... Crookshanks!" I yipped.
"Hello crooksknaks." I smiled.

"Okay I know it's weird but it's got meaning to me!" I admitted after he looked at me with a tilted head.

"My sister thought that Poderick Crookshank was a very talented wizard and quite liked him." I hummed.

"She would like you, my sister, I don't really know where she is, or if she's even alive but she would like you." I sighed. "Let's get you back to the grounds, I can't keep you because peters allergic to cats but I'll be able to find you again."

He followed me around the school grounds as I tried to find a place for him that he would like, then finally we found one.

"Okay, Crookshanks this can be our little spot." I gave him one last hug before I left the astronomy tower.

A/n
Hey everyone, I hope your enjoying the story so far.
I thought it was a good idea to fill in the hole's in Crookshanks life.