14- little bit- by lykke ll

Regulus POV

I headed down the hallways for dinner, as I saw Maeve walking just ahead of me with Remus at her side. I don't know why but I always felt... uncomfortable? Maybe angry? When I saw him, Maeve was always with him, I don't know why she would want too.

"Hey darling." I mocked.

"What do you want?" Remus spat.

"I just thought Maeve should be careful of what she eats, someone could easily slip a potion in." I answered in full seriousness.

"Is that a threat!" Remus snarled. Putting ing himself in front of Maeve.

"No, it's a warning." I shift my gaze over to her, "she knows what I'm talking about."

She nods.

"You know you should really stop calling me that people might think that you actually like me, and not that your mocking James." She laughs.

"Oh, I'm not mocking James." I smirked.

"I'll take your advice tonight, I hope you'll take mine." I smirked, continued walking to the great hall leaving Remus and his scrunched up face.

Remus POV

I turned to face her grabbing her wrist firmly so she can't pull away but still not hurting her.

"What was he talking about?" I questioned, keeping my grip.

"It's nothing." She spoke bluntly as she try's to pulls away.

"What aren't you telling me Maeve?" I pleaded with an angry tone.

"I don't know okay, can we just have dinner." She sighs. Pushing me away."

"Fine." I mutter.

She walks on ahead leavening me.

I kick the floor as I step trying to understand why she he would say that to her and why she shut me out. That never happened she and Sirius were the only ones who didn't do that me.

Maeve POV

I sit down next to Dorcas and opposite lily so I could face the Slytherin table to see if they're planning something.

I didn't have much of an appetite after my date with Barty, and after what regulus said, it's best I don't eat.

"Is that Barty coming over?" Dorcas looked him up in down in a mixture of disgust and confusion.

Marlene elbowed her in the rib the jerks her head over to me.

"Oh.." dorcas notices me properly.

"Hey sweetie whatcha doing?" Barty leaned over to me and puts his hand on the table for balance.

"Just talking." I smiled.

"I got you a drink I remember you saying you liked it today so... I got you one." He places the bottle on the table for me.

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Are you going try it." He pushes the bottle closer to me.

I look at Lily for her to help me out but shift my sight just past her I see regulus watching us like a hawk from his table.

"I'm pretty full so I'll have it later tonight, since I'll be studying for a Muggle studies exam due tomorrow." I explained as I took the bottle and put it in my book bag.

"Barty, if you don't mind.. we were having a conversation." Lily hinted to him, but he didn't seem to be leaving.

"...about lady things." Marlene added