16- So high- by doja cat

Maeve POV

I jump out of bed after giving up on sleep. It was ruffly 4:00 and the sun had started to rise.

"Maeve, just go for a walk you'll feel better." I whisper to myself.

I'm exhausted after that whole ordeal with regulus, but of course I can't seem to fall asleep.

The door let out a small creek as I closed it behind me. And I ran down the stairs only to find frank longbottom sitting with his back facing me.

"Just run passed, it doesn't matter if he sees you, you just need to run."

As I run passed my body goes all stiff, and my neck sinks into my shoulders. Because that'll help. I think he noticed me but didn't care to ask what I was doing.
I make my way passed Hogwarts so I'm outside outside, I fall back onto the grass to admire the stairs and the full moon.
That's when I heard it, the screams.

It came from the forbidden forest. Obviously that didn't stop me, I'm a badass, I can do whatever the hell I want.

The closer I get, the more I can tell he's trying to hide his screams, I gonna guess they don't have their wands, if the others are even with him.

After like 30 minutes of searching for the source of the screams, I see him.
I race over to him, he was laying on the ground he had fresh deep claw marks across his chest.

"Oh shit, shit, shit." I start to panic thinking what to do. "A-are you okay? actually don't answer that."

"Okay, I know where I can take you, the hospital wing is to far away, so I'll take you to this... I'll shut up now."

I help him up so he's leaning on me as we walk. It didn't help that he was way taller than me, many boys were girls too, like I'm not that short but they sure made me feel that way.

I took him to my small cottage, thankfully it was unlocked. I pushed all the books and bits of paper off the dining table. As I helped him on to the table he let out a cry, he bit his lip trying to silence himself.

I began to rummaged through all the herbs, plants ect. Trying to find something to make a poultice to help heal him.

"What, are you doing."Remus groans, taking off his blood stained shirt.

"Trying to help you."

"I thought you were mad at me, rightfully so, but still." He surprisingly was able to hold back his sobs.

"Yeah, but I'm not going to let you be in this much pain." I start mixing herbs and water.

I cast a healing charm on the poultice, so it would heal quickly.

"Wait what happened to your neck?" He try's to get up to get closer look but the pain pushes him back down.

I start to add the poultice but I keep talking to distract him.
"After what regulus said to you, I got pissed at him and... let's just say it wasn't a good idea." I sigh.

"So care to tell me how this happened?" I continue to lather the poultice onto his wounds.

"I- I don't remember." He grabs the table to steady himself and deal with the pain.

His cry's start to faded as I clean up the wounds.

"How did you do that, healing magic is for six years and up, even then you have to be selected for the class." He groaned.

"Well," I start to wipe his wounds clean. "When I was younger my parents had quite a eventful lifestyle so they thought that healing magic was going to help me." I explain