18.

By the time Olivia got out of her room, her lip and eye were better. Her back and thighs still had minor bruises, but no one could see them. She walked to the kitchen early in the morning and poured cereal into her bowl. When Max got out of her room and saw Olivia in the kitchen, she couldnt contain her excitement; she had a big smile on her face as she watched her eat her cereal.

"Its getting weird, Maxie," Olivia said, bringing the spoon to her lips. "Im just so happy to see you." Its the first time she had seen her in almost two weeks.

"Max, hurry and finish or-" Billy started to yell at Max, but he lost his words as he looked at Olivia finishing eating her cereal. Olivia walked to the sink and dropped the bowl in.

Max got up from the chair and hugged Olivia. Olivia first flinched as Max wrapped her arms around her. She closed her eyes, feeling her hands softly touch her bruises.

The two girls walked out of the house; Billy, still in shock, walked behind the two girls. The ride to school was quiet; Billy was playing his music but not as loud as he usually did. Max was sitting in the back, looking at the window.

Neither did Billy or Max brought it up, Max didnt want to ruin the moment, and Billy as always didnt know what to say to her.

Olivia was looking at the road; as she got closer to the school, she started to get nervous. She was going to see people in school and Steve, and she had missed a lot of work it made her worried. She took a deep breath as Billy stopped his car.

Billy and Max had already gotten out of the car, but Olivia was frozen in her seat. "Hey, O, are you alright," Max asked her, opening the door. "Yeah, Im good; it just feels weird, you know. I have to get used to the routine again," she said with a smile, not wanting to worry Max.

"Ill see you after school then," Max said happily. "After school, yeah," she whispered.

"Are you going to get out of my car or what," Billy asked.

"Yes, I dont want to be in your stupid car more than I have to," she said, getting out and closing the door.

"Hey, watch it. Careful with the door." Olivia rolled her eyes.

As she walked inside the school, she noticed how only a few people looked at her and whispered something to their friends. Others didnt even notice she was back. Billy was walking not too far away from her.

"Olivia!" Someone yelled her name, she turned around, and it was Steve. He walked faster to where Oliva was. The first thing he did was to hug her. He hugged her tightly; it always seemed that thats the type of hugs Steve gives or at least to her.

She smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. "Olivia, Im so sorry," Steve said as he broke the hug.

"Not here," Olivia told him, noticing that people were looking at them. Steve took her hand, and they walked to an empty room.

"Olivia, Im so sorry, I didnt want anything bad to happen to you, I swear. I knocked on your window, but you didnt answer, and at your door, but Billy never let me in. I swear, Ollie, my intention was never to hurt you in any way," Steve started to say rapidly.

"Hey, I know. You have a great heart Steve I get it. If I was in your position, I would have done the same."

"You arent mad at me," he asked worriedly. "No, of course not." He was relieved knowing that Olivia wasnt mad at him, but he still felt bad about what his actions did to her.

"H-how are you?"

"Im a bit better," she said, not meeting his eyes. "Ollie," Steve said, raising her chin to look at him. "Steve," she says with a small smile.

"I miss you," he said softly. She leaned in closer to him, their lips meeting. She had missed his lips on hers "me too," she said, looking at his gorgeous eyes. Their moment was ruined as students started to go into the classroom.

Their hands intertwined, and they walked out of the classroom. Steve walked her to her chemistry class, "Ill see you later," he told her. She walked into the class and took a seat on her desk.

"Olivia, did your brother give you what you missed," the girl sitting next to her asked. She smiled, looking at her "yes, thank you, Robin, you're a lifesaver. At least Im not behind in this class." Robin smiled at her; she started for a bit longer than normal.

Olivia looked at Robin, feeling her staring, "What is it? Don't tell me we have a test."

"Yes, we do. Its everything we have learned when you were gone," she said seriously but looking at Olivia's facial expression, she started to laugh.

"Im joking; you should have seen your face," she said between laughs. "Ha ha what a comedian. It wasnt funny, by the way," she shook her head with a smile on her face.

"I think it was funny," Robin said, looking at Olivia one last time and then at the front of the class.