47.

𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟱

Steve was at his house packing a few things to take to the picnic date he had planned for Olivia.

School had just started for her because of that; he had seen her less and less.

The only chance he would be to see her after school during their work hours. He had gotten used to seeing her almost every day during the summer.

They had dinner most days at her place and would spend most of the other time together while working. But now that school had started, it took much of Olivia's time.

He might have gotten a little too attached to his girlfriend the last couple of months, especially after almost losing her at the Starcourt Mall fire; who would blame him, though. He got a bit protective of her and wanted to be by her side every chance he got.

It had been awhile since they had a date, only the two of them. He had planned to take Olivia on a road trip, but their friends decided to tag along.

Then there was Billy, who ruined their alone time once he got home from the academy.

He wanted to find a spot for them, a secret place where they could enjoy each other's company without having to worry about other people.

A few weeks ago, after their shift was done in the Family Video, they were walking around the trailer park when they found an open field. They decided to call their spot. It had a beautiful view, mostly once the sun went down.

That was where he was planning on taking her.

One last time he checked to make sure he had everything he wanted to take with him.

He was planning to make sandwiches for them to eat. It was something simple, but it was something that they had made to eat early on in their relationship. In a sweet way sandwiches made him remember of her. The simple food was attached to good memories for him.

He took the brown picnic basket inside his car, gently placing it on the ground of the passenger seat.

He arrived at the trailer park where Olivia was getting ready. He honked once and waited for his girlfriend.

Olivia quickly fixed her hair as she walked down the hall to the front door. She unlocked it and opened the door.

A smile spread on her face as she saw Steve looking at himself in the rearview mirror as he was fixing his hair. A small laugh escaped her lips.

For her Steve always looked handsome during his good hair days, which were every day, and during his bed head hair early mornings, he always looked handsome for her.

She walked to the passenger door and opened it "hello, handsome," she greeted.

He looked away from the mirror, dropping his hands from his hair, and looked her way; he greeted her with a kiss on the lips.

"Shall we," he said once they broke the kiss. Olivia moved her legs to the side, leaving space for the basket. He drove a little ahead and parked the car.

They had to walk up a small hill to get to the empty field.

He extended one of his mom's old blankets.

If she knew he had taken it and he was stepping on it, and bread crumbs were falling on it, she would flip, but he didn't care.

He didn't care that his mom would be mad because all he cared about was sitting next to him.

Olivia was laughing about something he had said. Her mouth was open as she chewed on her sandwich with her right hand, she was holding what was left of her food, and with her left hand, she was covering her mouth.

He could look at her for the rest of his life. He didn't know how far in life he had gotten without having her by his side.

Sadly their happy moments were slowly coming to an end as Olivia's mind was going wild with her problems back home, but for now, they enjoyed each other's company.

They stayed there for a few more hours, talking about what they had missed about each other.

Olivia told Steve how Lucas wanted to be on the basketball team. He suggested he could show him a few tricks. Max wasn't too thrilled about the idea of Lucas being part of the team. She was slowly distancing herself from him.

Steve told her an old lady with short white curly hair had tried to flirt with him the other day.

She lay on the red blanket, her head resting on her hand as she looked up at Steve.

"Let me guess, you gave her a discount," Olivia teased with a smirk. Steve made a face making Olivia laugh, throwing her head back.

He smiled brightly "hey, don't laugh at my misery," he said, poking her rib making her rest her back on the blanket.

She placed her arms on her stomach, not wanting him to start tickling her.

He moved her hands from her stomach "don't you dare Steve," she warned, but Steve took it as an invitation and had a boyish grin.

As she was going to move her hands back to her stomach, he moved his faster and started to tickle her. "Wait, stop," she said between laughter.

She wiggled from side to side and tried to push his hands away from her, but Steve wouldn't move.

"Steve!" Her face was getting red as a tomato from laughing, "I swear I'll fucking pee my pants if you don't stop," she struggled to say. This made Steve tickle her even more.

She started to slap his muscular arms "you little shit," she said as Steve stopped and held her hands.

Olivia's breathing went back to normal, and her stomach was sore from laughing.

"What did you call me," he asked, his face leaning a little to the side.

As her face was losing its bright red color, she said, "you heard me."

He positioned himself to be on top of her, his legs on either side of her hip.

He leaned closer to her face, and he was still holding her hands.

She smirked at him as he leaned his face closer to her. Her lips parted slowly.

His focus was on her lips as she licked them "you little shit," she said once again, this time slower.

He looked at her in her eyes "it's on," and he started to tickle her once more.

"I'm going to kick you," she warned, trying to make a straight face but struggled as he continued to tickle her.