16.

It was a few days after that night. Olivia's eye was much better. She was spending the afternoon with Steve. She didnt mention that night, or if something happened after, and Steve, not wanting to get her upset, didn't ask.

They were in Steves living room watching a movie. Halfway to the movie Steve started to get bored and began to kiss her.

Olivia was smiling "you dont let me see the movie," she said between kisses. He kissed her cheek "its boring," he said, looking at her getting closer to her lips. She could feel his breath brushing on her lips, getting closer. He didnt connect their lips; they were only a few centimeters away. "Stop being such a tease," she said, pulling him closer, crashing their lips together.

They were so focused on their kiss that they didnt hear the front door open. Mr. and Mrs. Harrington walked into the living room where they saw their son and a girl they have never seen before kissing on their sofa.

Mr. Harrington cleared his throat, making Olivia and Steve break their kiss. "Shit," Olivia and Steve said. "Mom, Dad, you guys are finally here," Steve said, surprised to see them in front of him.

His mother was looking at Olivia "oh, this lovely lady right here is Olivia, my girlfriend," he said, bringing her closer to his parents.

Olivia smiled at them politely, "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Harrington," Olivia said, extending her hand in front of them to shake. "Weren't you with Nancy," his father asked.

"We broke up, dad, months ago." "Oh, what a shame I liked her."

"Well, she didnt like me that much," Steve said under his breath.

"Olivia, would you like to stay for dinner," Steves mother asked. She smiled and was going to answer, but Steve answered for her, "we have to go; I'm dropping her off."

She was surprised at Steve's answer. She actually would have liked to stay it would be a bit awkward, but anything is better than to be home.

"You trying to get rid of me so soon," Olivia said as both of them got in his car. "What no," he said nervously.

The drive to her house was quiet, which was odd because most of the time, Steve always had something to say.

As they got closer to her house, she saw police cars park in front of her house. She started to panic, her mind going in all different directions.

She looked at Steve "what did you do," she said coldly.

"Listen, I know you said-"

"Steve, I cant believe you," she said, raising her voice.

"They wont listen to me. Susan is scared of him, so she wont talk. They wont do shit unless they have proof. And you know what; he's going to deny everything! I cant believe you called the cops." She got her hands to her face.

"Once the cops leave, and they find nothing, you know whats going to happen; he's going to take his anger out on us! How could you," she said, her voice breaking.

"Olivia, I want to help you. I can't go on with my life knowing that theres someone that is hurting you. I care for you, and I want to protect you."

"Well, dont I didnt ask for your help," she said, opening the car door.

"I can go and tell him it was me."

"You have done enough, Steve," she said, closing the car door and walking to her house.

Steve hit his head on the steering wheel "fuck" he watched her as she made her way inside her house. "I should go," he said to himself. He shook his head, "Ill make things worse."