61.

After Olivia told the group about the Creel house that Max saw last night, everyone got ready to go.

The house was old and abandoned; a few windows of the second floor were broken. The grass around the house was dead. White parts of the house looked gray.

The house for sure gave haunted vibes.

They walked up the steps to the front of the house.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole," Steve asked.

"We know this house is important to Vecna. Maybe there's a clue in here," Olivia responded.

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?"

"Uh, basically."

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why is he back? Why did he kill the Creels? And how to stop him before he comes back for Max," Dustin said.

"We don't think he's in here, do we," Lucas asked from the back of the group.

"Guess we'll find out," Max responded.

Steve tried to open the door, but it was locked. "Should I knock, see if anybody's home?"

"No need; I found a key," Robin said, holding a brick in her hand.

"Everyone move back," Olivia said as Robin threw the brick at the window, the glass breaking into little pieces.

The door screeched when they opened it.

Steve went in first. Dustin handed flashlights to the group.

Once everyone was in, Steve closed the door. "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill," Lucas said after trying to turn on a lamp.

The group except Steve turned on their flashlights, "Where'd everyone get those," Steve asked, standing near Dustin.

"Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child," Dustin said, looking at his friend.

"Here" Olivia handed him her flashlight; she got another one from Dustin's backpack.

Taking a few steps into the house, they saw how the Creels left everything behind.

"Hey, guys?" Max got the attention of the group they walked to where she was.

"You all see that, right?" Olivia walked to Max's side.

"Yeah," Dustin and Steve said in unison.

"Is this what you saw," she asked her sister. "I mean, it's just a clock," Robin said, standing behind the sister.

Robin walked closer to the clock, "Like a normal old clock."

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks? Maybe he's, like, a clockmaker or something," Steve said seriously.

"I think you cracked the case, Steve."

The group thought that they would cover more ground in trying to find clues if they got into groups.

Steve was going to pick Olivia, but Robin won him. He was left with Dustin.

Robin and Olivia walked to the dining room.

Four plates were on the table. Spiderwebs were all over the house.

"Robin, did you find anything," Olivia asked to nothing; Robin was gone. "Robin," she called after her.

They were supposed to stay together.

She walked out of the dining room to look for her when she bumped into Steve.