XI

We all sat in silence either on our beds or against them. I was sat on my bed and I was surprised that I didnt feel anything. I felt... Empty. Why did I agree to this again? Why would someone make this game? But I needed the prize money.

A loud buzzing souned off and the doors quickly opened. The exact same group that was in here before the first game entered the room and stood on the platform. I sat up and made my way to the frount of the crowd that had formed. Boss stepped forwards and began to speak,
"You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations, your moving on." All around me I could hear people sighing.
"I will now announce the results of the last game." I looked above the door and saw a big screen. There was a number that said '456 players.' Then it rapidly began to decrease.

The screen now said 201 players remain.
"Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated and 202 players successfully completed the first game," said Boss as he stared at us. Some gasped and murmured.
"Mister please! Listen Im sorry, I swear I will pay what I owe. Ill do it, Ill pay it all!" Begged this random woman and fell to her knees and cryed.
"Pleas sir! I have a child, oh so young! I still need to register and name my child sir," said the same woman. I felt sorry for her and then another woman ran out and got on her knees and both begged them to let us go. Lots of other people followed their lead and did the same. Only a few were left standing, including me.

17/10/2021