Chapter 57 - Packing

Sabrna Kiehl

I packed all my stuff into the box, getting ready to move out of Ansel's apartment. But I can't stand alone in this apartment because I know I'll ended up crying alone here so I always contacted Alma, she's always there when I need her especially around this time. Guess it is clear that I'm going to move to New York, but why is it so hard for me to leave when I already have clear answer.

I've already sent the hospital my resignation letter and it has already approved. Now I'm taking my stuff out my office, I also have said bye to some of nurses and other dentist. It is kinda sad to leave them cause I've been working here for some quiet long time. I was walking out and it reminds me when Ansel came here to take me out for a dinner. I was standing alone at the hall when someone suddenly called my name,

"Sabrina?" I look at her and it turns out to be Ansel's step mom.

"Oh hi," I say to her.

"Haven't seen you in a while, where have you been?" She asked while looking at the box in my hands.

"Haven't he told you yet?" I asked her then she looks at me confusedly.

"His condition is a little bit off for these past few days, he doesn't eat much, talk less,"

"Don't you know?" She asked then I can only stay in silent.

"Everything okay?" She asked then I sigh.

"I think it's better for you to know it from himself," I said trying so hard to choose my words, I don't want her to blame neither of us especially around this kind of time, especially when his condition is unstable.

"Are you okay?" She looks at me with concern eyes.

When someone ask me if I'm okay especially in this kind of time is like pushing me to the edge of myself for breaking into tears. I can't stand looking through her eyes so I look away, I don't want to cry in front of anyone.

"I'll be fine," I nodded.

"Anyway, I have something to do please excuse me," I said then she nodded before walking away from her.

I make my way straight to the elevator, I got into the elevator that brings me straight to the basement. I take my keys out of my bag while walking towards where I parked my car. I was about to get in when I recognize my dad is just walking out of his car, alone.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hey," I said, then he looks at my box in my hands.

"Heard that you're leaving," he said, but this time he's not mad at all. His reaction is very calm and it seems like he knew that it was coming.

"Yeah," I said.

"What are you-,"

"Doing here?" I asked him.

"It's Sunday," I said to him.

"I'm here to visit Ansel," he said.

"How is he?" I asked him then he only looks at me without even asking why shouldn't I know.

"He hasn't really improved yet, he doesn't eat much, and yeah, he needs a little motivation," he said then I nodded.

"Please take care of him," I said to him then he only looks at me before slowly nodded.

"Yeah of course," he said, then I nodded before putting the box inside of my car.

"Remember when I said that he owe me something," he suddenly said which makes me stop from getting inside of the car.

"Yeah," I said.

"He helped me when you were away," he said.

"My mind were everywhere, I lost in and caused a chaos in a bar, blablabla and ended up behind the cell," he said then chuckle.