Chapter 44 - Anniversary

Sabrina Renaldy

His hand is holding on my waist as his thumb slowly brush against my skin. I look at his face and can't help smiling, these kind of gestures he gave after we had sex always something I like to received. It's Saturday, and of course morning sex is like a ritual every Saturday morning.

After those three days of weekend getaway plus the late honeymoon he took me to, we can't control our needs sometimes. Well guess we're in our late honeymoon phase though, but I enjoy it so very much.

"How do you feel?" He smiles, I look at him smiling before looking away.

His palm went from my waist to my stomach, against my chest then to the back of my neck. He leans closer before those lips reaches mine, kissing it slowly and passionately. I can lay here all day with him kissing me this way.

"You're free this weekend?" I ask him.

"Yes, I just won a case yesterday," he smiles before he pulls me close then buried his face on my neck with his arms wrapped around my waist.

I look at him before my finger begin to stroke his hair, he's been working so hard until he won the case yesterday. I don't really know what's case he worked on but I know he worked so hard for it. I reached the tv remote from the night stand next to me before turning on the tv in front of us. While Ansel seems have no intention to wake up or get up from my neck,

I went home pretty late last night I even had dinner out with my friends. I got back to the apartment after went from a fabric hunting with my friends, I got home with a roll of fabric. When I got in I can see a champagne on the island table, I was expecting his friends here because it was Friday night and it was one of the reasons why I got dinner outside.

~ flashback ~

"Hey," I said after unlocking the apartment door while holding on a roll of fabric.

"Where's your friends?" I asked him.

"They didn't come," he says.

"Are we celebrating something?" I asked him before putting all of my stuff in my room then get back to the dining room.

"Yes, I just won a case today," he said while I'm watching him pouring the liquid into the glass wine.

He handed me the glass of champagne to me as I smile, I sipped on it while he's watching me. I lean on the kitchen table behind me while facing him who has a smile on his face, he steps closer to close the space between us. Those lips slowly brushes against mine, I can taste the liquid from his lips as I feel his palm slip into my shirt brushing against my skin.

I pull away before started to laugh, his lips is now brushing against my jaw then to my neck, my sweet spot. I smile while he's kissing me, trying to drink on my wine while he's kissing my neck. The way his thumb slowly brush against my back brings some feeling like comfort.

"I just got home," I chuckle which makes him pull of to look at me,

"Let me enjoy the champagne," I laugh before started to sip it.

"You're tired?" He asks while those eyes are staring back at mine, those concerns eyes are very beautiful.

I broke into smile while looking at those eyes, my palm slowly brushed against those spiky jaw.

"No," I chuckle.

"Just give me a minute," I say before lean closer to kiss his lips which makes his eyes shut close.

"Okay," he raises his eyebrows.

"How was your day?" He asks me which makes me tilt my head, his face is only an inch away from me.