Chapter 55 - is he okay?

Sabrina Kiehl

I landed an hour ago and my mind is everywhere. My mind is full of what if, what if last night was the last time I talk to him? What if something happened to him and he won't ever know that we have a baby. I can't sleep at all, the memories we have keep playing inside of my mind as I keep holding on tears. Is he okay, how is he doing right now.

Alma and I are in a taxi on our way to the hospital, I don't know how is his condition now because I can't think straight right now. The taxi stopped right at the lobby as Alma already paid it, we get the suitcase out of the cab and put it at the security room. Thank god I know the guy who works as the head of security so he let me. I went to the receptionist table and, ask for his room. They said he's being checked into the VIP room which is at the 6th floor.

Alma and I got into the elevator then went straight to the 6th floor. We looked for Ansel's room and there where I see Damien leaning against the wall with blank eyes.

"Damien," I say then he looks up at me.

He looks up at me and I can see a swollen lips and nose, I wonder what happened. He didn't call me after I told him about Ansel. Now it seems like his mind is empty,

"Hey, you're back?" He asks.

"Where is he?" I asked him as I see the room at the end of the room with a police standing in front of the room.

I walk closer to the room and about to get in but the police stopped me.

"I'm sorry mam you can't get in,"

"What do you mean, I am his wife," I said to him.

"He's still in the operating room Sabrina," Damien said then I look at his name next to the door.

Ansel Renaldy
John Kiehl MD.

"Mrs Renaldy," Someone suddenly called my name which makes my head turns around to found a man walking towards me.

"I'm detective Raul, I'm here to undergo the case of your husband," he shakes my hand as I stay in silent.

"What happened is he okay?" I asked him.

"Would you please follow me Mrs Renaldy?"

"We need to talk privately," He said then I nodded.

I follow him into an empty room, which is a meeting room at the VIP floor. I got into the room then took a seat right in front of him.

"What happened?"

"How is he?" I asked.

"He is still in the operating room and we haven't got any further info from the hospital," he said.

"How did it happen?" I asked.

"I'm very sorry Mrs Renaldy I took you here because we need to asked you where were you when it happened?" He asked.

"You think I did this to him?!" I say in surprised.

"I will never hurt him," I said to him in disbelief and he only looks at me in silent.

"I was at New York," I said.

"When is the last time you saw him?" He asked while writing down on his note.

"Monday morning, he drove me to the airport," I said.

"When is the last time you talked to him," I said to him.