Chapter 47 - Ice Cold War

Sabrina Kiehl

I don't know why Ansel and I are still ignoring each other. Well, we're not really ignoring each other it's just there's nothing to talk about maybe after what happened at the family gathering really hurt the both of us. He still pushes me away, and I don't really know what to do bet he wants some time alone around this time. Bet it'll go away after meeting his friends for game day today.

I pour the coffee into my go to cup, I bought two croissants this morning after I went to the gym. I haven't seen Ansel since this morning but I know he'll be out in a minute because we both have to go to work. I open the fridge to check on our groceries because his friends are going to be here for the boys night and it has to be snacks in the kitchen cabinet, because they need it. There's the time where I hear a crack on his door, revealing him walking out of his bedroom with his suit, looking perfectly fine. His hair even in slick back, those tie matches his look for today.

I was looking at his outfit until my eyes catch his cold eyes. Never know that it can be that cold, and it makes the room feel a little more intense.

"Morning," I sigh, looking at him.

"Morning," he says in a very low voice.

"You're going to work?" He asks.

"Yes," I nodded.

"There's a croissant that I bought this morning, just in case you want it," I say.

"The boys are coming over tonight? I guess you have to buy some snack because we have none," I say to him while he's only looking at me with both of his hands on top of the island table.

"They're not coming tonight," he says.

"We're going to a boutique for a fitting," he says then I nodded.

"Oh..," I say.

"Okay," I say before the both of us stay in silent, don't know what to say anymore. I feel like the room getting colder. His gaze even makes me shiver, like his stares can kill me in a minute.

"I want to get a divorce," he says.

I stand in front of him with no words can even came out of my mouth. My brain is still trying to process everything he just said. I didn't see it coming. Feel like a someone just hit me on the chest.

"You've finished your school, we've bern married for a year, just like how we planned since the start," he says while I still stay in silent, my eyes can only blink while staring at him who's sitting in front of me.

"I don't want to do this anymore," he coldly said.

"Okay," is all I can say,

I slowly nodded even though my chest hurt and my legs feel a little shaky.

"I'll prepare the letter this week," I say then I can only nodded.

"Just don't tell anyone, it's Brooklyn and Brianna's special day coming," I say then he nodded.

"Alright," he says.

"Alright," I nodded.

I take my cup and my bag also my key before leaving the apartment, I walk out of the apartment the close the door behind me. I'm fighting myself inside for not to cry near him, he can't see me cry, I knew it would end like this and I should've know that it's coming.

~

After Ansel told me that he wants to get a divorce this morning, everything feels weird and somehow a little empty. I know that we started it all because of a stupid agreement but I guess I forgot that both of us were only playing along, and we've gone so far until last week.