Chapter 49 - His best friend's wedding

Sabrina Kiehl

Today is Brianna's very special day, the wedding is still in few hours, I supposed to be at the hotel in an hour. Here I am checking all of the stuff before leaving the apartment. I rechecked everything inside the bag, make up, the dress, flat iron, heels, purse, everything is here. I look around just in case if I left anything around the room, then I see some papers lay on my desk. The divorce paper that I haven't signed yet, I was too busy to read it and to sign it. I sigh while looking at it from a far, it's too sad to be true. We're separating very soon, and it might be the last event that I'm going to spend with the boys and their amazing girlfriends.

I shake my thought away before decided to walk out of the room with my bags and dress that covered with garment bag. When I walk out Ansel is already waiting in the living room, I see his stuff lays on the island table. He got up once he saw me walk out,

"You ready?" He asks then I nodded.

"Everything packed?" I ask then he nodded.

He takes the garment bag from my hand then help me with it, I stay in silent while watching him helping me. I know I'm going to miss this kind of small actions that he always do to me. But what can I do. I watch him taking all of his stuff before we walk out of our apartment, we got into the elevator straight to the basement where he parked his car. He unlocked the car as I'm watching him putting all of our stuff at the back seat, he just bought this car few months ago. A black Mercedes that still smells like a brand new car until now, he loves it so much and I can still remember that face when he bought it.

I met James at the four season hotel that night, turns out that he's opening a clinic in New York and he wants to offer me a job. Everything seems so right now, first Ansel is divorcing me meaning that I have to get out of his apartment, second this family problem isn't getting better and third I need a job just for settling down and moving to another city sounds good to make me forget about Ansel.

The thought of leaving this city got me so excited but also uncomfortable, well New York has always been my dream. But it feels like I'm not ready yet to leave it all behind, but again it's New York. I haven't tell him about it though, well I think he doesn't have to know. I'll tell him later tonight or maybe tomorrow.

He drives the car next to me and the car is only filled with his playlist. I can say that his taste of music is great, I know how much I'm going to play these list of musics when he's gone.

Oh crap

"You already know where to go when we get there?" He suddenly broke the silence.

"Yeah," I say to him then he nodded.

Not so long after we got into the hotel lobby and theres where he gave the key to the driver. We got our stuff then went straight to the elevator, we went separate ways after he stops at the lower floor than mine.

"I'll see you later," he said before leaving me in the elevator.

~

I finished putting a make up on and now I'm sitting in the living room while drinking water bottle in my hand. I watch Gina and Isla talking in front of me while we're waiting for Brianna who's getting ready next door. I remember the day when I took the vow, the room was exactly feel just like this. I can't believe it's going to end just like that, why the feeling of disappointed keep eating me alive.

"Sabrina," Gina called my name as I look up at her.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"How was your wedding felt like, still remember it?" She asks then I smile, I tried to smile even though it feels so hard not to crack into tears.