Death

' I could barely manage a gasp as I sat in the living room with Hope, who looked about five years old, when the ratio turned on. 'Lighting has struck! I repeat lightning has struck!'

At the same time a coin in my pocket heated up and I saw the look on Fred's face as I stood up in a quick manor. I had never seen him so scared... and I knew it wasn't just for his life but mine and his daughters.

I pulled my daughter into my arms and placed a tender kiss on her forehead. "I will met you at the castle." I told him, and with my by now signature bang we were at my uncle's mother-in-law's. I frantically knocked on the door only for it to be answered by Remus.

"Come on old man... Dromedea, take care of Hope wont you?" I yelled, as soon as I had heard an agreement I was gone with my uncle. We landed in Hogshead bar and I sent a grin to Aberforth.

"Thanks Ab, I will see you later." I said happily, we crawled through the passage and Fred pulled me into his arms.

"Where is Hope?" he asked me his eyes as round as saucers, I shook my head at him not wanting to give up that information. "Is she at least safe?" He asked, I nodded.

"Fred if I die in this war I want you to say sorry to everyone." I told my husband, he shook his head at me. "Just promise me Freddie, and don't go after me once I leave these doors. There is a lot that needs to be done."

"I promise Anna... just don't go dying on me... I can't lose you again..." He whispered, our foreheads were touching and I nodded. He wiped away my falling tears and we began our march towards the great hall.

I never thought I would see the day where Snape stood in front of the school as head master. He and Harry had a stand off and McGonagal sent him away. The crowd cheered as the Slythrins were about to be sent away.

"Stop." I said suddenly, "McG, sometimes the hat is wrong. Just because I am brave it does not mean I am not smart. We can be more then one thing. Do any of you want to fight against Voldemort. To save our school. To save your families, your friends!" I said, "We all have lost something in this war!" I took a deep breath, "And Voldemort is the only one taking lives!"

A few Slythrins stepped forward, the rest left to the dungeons. That is when I ran off. I needed to save my dad. and I think I had finally found out how.

I made it to an abandoned corridor. I had never been able to project my memories... my visions... but I had never tried.

I concentrated on my father... and this time I did not get the past or future... I got the present.

I found myself next to my father in a room I barely recognized. My own from my childhood. He just starred at a little girl with blonde curls as she slept.

"I am sorry Rosie, I couldn't make it out... I... I never got to say goodbye..." He sobbed. His hair was limp and his skin pale, but his heart I could still feel beating. "I promised..."

I took a shaky breath, holding it in as I stepped into the projection. I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew that somehow this would lead me to my answers. My arm shaking in fear, well I placed my hand on my fathers shoulder causing him to jump. He reached for his wand and swung around and bursted into instant tears.

"No! No! You can't be dead!" He sobbed, I gave him a weak smile as he cried. There was a point in my life when I thought my father an idiot, and a time when I thought him brave... But now... Well he just seemed broken. It was a side of him I had never wanted to see.

"Dad, calm down... I'm not dead... And neither then you..." I somehow said this without losing my nerve. I had no idea what I was doing but it seemed to be working. It also seemed to confuse my father. But it was working. Instantly his skin gained colour and his hair had more life... As if I lifted a spell.

"We have to go." I mumbled softly taking his hand and walking back towards the portal of sorts. He followed me and we were back in Hogwarts. The memory of myself as a toddler disappeared behind us as we touched the mortal ground.

My father was practically glowing as he stood in the school. I knew there was only one way to make him even happier, "Your innocent dad. Your free," I laughed, "Your dream came to..." He pulled me into this bone crushing hug. I then, in an ever so dramatic way waved my hand through the air to show him his granddaughter... It was a simple memory of her running off with one of Fred's socks.

"Is that..."

"Alexandra, but we call her Hope... It's something we all need these days, don't you think dad?"

There was a crash outside the window. I knew the forcefield would not last much longer. "We gotta go, it won't be long until the battle begins... And I got some lives to save."