Soulmates

Where your soulmates name shows up on your wrist.

When Wade turned 16, a faint name showed up on his wrist. When he turned 18, it was clear as day; Peter Parker.

Wade had heard of him. Despised him. He took pictures of his Spidey just to put them in a newspaper against him. He was a know it all. Thought he was better than everyone.

Now, Wade was 25, hanging out with his crush; Spiderman.

"You bring food?" Peter asked, swinging to a stop and sitting down on the edge of the building.

"Uhm, duh." Wade scoffed, sitting down next to the hero.

"Cool. Thanks." He lifted up his mask to his nose and took the bag. Tacos. He unwrapped one and immediately began eating it.

Wade grabbed one too and started eating it. "So." He spat some food from his mouth while he talked. "You see the new newspaper headline yet?"

Peter shook his head. "You know I don't care about those."

Wade rolled his eyes. "So selfless, baby boy. I got a good laugh out of it, though."

"That's nice." Peter mumbled. Wade always tried to get him to hate 'Peter' because of how he made fun of 'Spiderman'. While Spiderman was Peter Parker.

"You're dry this evening. Something wrong?" Wade's mood instantly changed up to being concerned.

Peter shook his head. "No. Nothings wrong. Just tired."

Wade nodded, grabbing another taco to eat. "Understandable. You can go home if you want."

"No. I'm ok." Peter finished his taco and wiped his mouth off. He pulled his mask down, not wanting be vulnerable for too long.

"Whatevs you say, Spidey!" Wade grabbed yet another taco. "I can eat a lot of these by myself."

The hero sat awkwardly, waiting for Wade to initiate a conversation. But he was too busy eating, so Peter thought of something.

"I'm gonna be busy tomorrow for our movie night."

Wade stopped chewing. "Aweeeee! Why?" He whined.

Spiderman shrugged in response. "I have business stuff to do."

"But we do business stuff together!" Wade take a sad bite of his taco.

"Yeah. It's personal business though." Peter shifted in his seat.

"Okkkk." Wade sighed. "I was looking forward to this weekend."

"It's only tomorrow, Wade." He moved to get up.

"But that's still bad! I won't see you!"

"Bye, Wade." Peter jumped off and swung away.

The truth was, Spider-Man had to be Peter Parker for the day to hang up fliers. Daily Bugle stuff.

- next day -

Peter woke up a little late, so he hurried around his apartment. He stopped at the Daily Bugle and got the fliers copied. It was starting to get colder and windier, so Peter wore his big coat.

J.J.J. yelled at him about not letting any of the papers fly away and blah, blah, blah. Peter zoned out, nodding, ready to get out of there.

He had no idea Wade had a crush on Spider-Man. He just knew the man flirted a lot. But he did think about it a lot. What it'd be like to have a soulmate that actually liked him back. He lost Gwen and Harry. Now Wade hated him. He knew he had a chance being Spiderman, but he'd have to reveal his identity one way or another.