Personal Bodyguard. Pt. 4

A.N. I don't know how I've been writing and doing school somehow but I'm loving it. ENJOYYYY

Peter ended up falling asleep in the car, while Wade drove, gun in his lap. He was on watch.

Then, he got a text. Wade grabbed his phone from the dashboard.

Sorry about that. We let one slip from our grasp. Is Peter ok?

Wade stopped at a red light and texted back: Yes. He's fine, just spooked. I got shot but I healed.

Ok. Keep moving.

Will do.

Wade put his phone down and looked at Peter. He really needed a hair cut. Wade reached and brushed his hair behind his ear again, smiling.

We should wake him soon we need to move cars.

Wade turned the car into a random parking lot.  Probably a mall. He stopped in an empty spot, surrounded by cars.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and shook Peter, gently.

Peter woke up immediately. He leaned forward and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Are we here?" He grumbled.

Wade looked around. "I think we're at a mall a couple minutes away from our apartment."

Our. Peter smiled. He undid his seatbelt and readjusted the box in his lap.

"Ready?" Wade grabbed his duffel from the back seat.

Peter nodded and waited for Wade to open the door first before opening his. Wade locked the car then threw the keys in there.

They walked out onto the sidewalk, reading the street signs. "Ok this way." Wade pointed to their right.

Peter nodded and wiped his face again. The sun wasn't that bright since it was later in the day. He didn't have any dreams.

Wade was somewhat relaxed now. No one seemed to be following them. He would do anything to protect Peter.

They were soon in front of a pretty nice apartment building. It looked about 40-50 floors. It stood out from the rest of the other, which worried Wade a little.

"Ok let's hope there's an elevator." Wade joked.

Peter smiled. "Yeah." He wished he could start conversations better. He never knew what to say.

They snuck down the hallway and into an elevator. No one was in there.

It was almost 7 now, so the sun was about to set. It was the middle of the week, so no one was really out shopping.

They waited. They were on the 29th floor, so they were on the elevator for about two minutes.

Wade rocked on his feet, trying to think of something to say. "Sooo how was your nap?"

Peter shrugged. "It was ok."

"That's nice." The elevator stopped at this floor and opened. He read the sign with apartment numbers

"Left. We're the last door on the right."

"Ok." Peter followed Wade. It was pretty quiet. They only heard one tv on through one of the doors.

Wade looked around, making sure no one was watching, before he grabbed a lock pick from his duffel bag.

He carefully listened to the 4 clicks and opened the door, he grabbed his gun from his back pocket and searched the apartment.