12. lifeline

Arya

I fell asleep in the waiting room. I woke up to someone picking me up. The exhaustion hit me and I didn't even look up to see who was there.

All I knew was that I leaned my head on their chest and inhaled their scent of pinewood.

Before I knew it, I was out cold.

...
The next morning I woke up in the on call room. I looked over and grabbed my phone.

5:47am

I got up, put on my shoes and headed out the door. I made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and freshened up.

Before I knew it I was heading straight to Senna's room.

When I got there she look much better. There were less wires on her. She didn't look like the bright senna I knew. Instead she looked much paler.

I sat down next to her and held her hand.

"Hey Sen. I don't know if you can hear me but I'm going to talk to you anyway." I whispered, trying to contain my tears.

"I don't know how this happened, but I do know you can't leave me yet. I can't do this without you." I sniffled.

"I mean whose going to constantly tell me about how much guys suck or that I study and worry too much?"

"Whose going to tell me I have to eat and take a break?" I said, my voice wobbly.

"No one can replace you. You're my other half. And Sen I can't do this without you." I started crying.

I gently laid my head on her lap and cried.

When all of a sudden I felt something on my head.

I looked up and Senna's eyes were open.

"S-stop crying." she whispered.

"Oh my gosh" I whispered.

I pulled her into a hug. She stiffened at first, but then wrapped her arms around me."

I couldn't stop crying.

"Can't get rid of me that easily bitch" she whispered.

I laughed.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." She said with a small smile.

"Arya?"

"Yeah" I answered.

"Can you please get me some pants? I don't want doctors to see my ass." She said

I laughed and nodded.

"You wake up and that's the first thing you want?" I asked her smiling.

She gave me a loopy smile. "At least take me on a date first before you see my ass." She said.

I couldn't contain my laughter.

"That's such a Senna thing to say."

A/N she's back :) I want to apologize for suddenly leaving you guys! School has been pretty crazy!

For the future, my goal is to update at LEAST once a week. It's not as often as I used to, but it's still something! :) when things slow down I'll def update more !

As for now, thank you for continuing to support! 🤍

A <3