5. stitches and laughs

I looked to Dr. Hood before I followed the other doctor out. He gave me a nod which meant yes, go.

The other doctor led me to an exam room. He gestured for me to sit down on the bed, so I did.

He grabbed a few tools, which I noticed were antibacterial wipes and a stitch kit.

He gently cupped my chin and lifted my face to examine my forehead. He pulled back the gauze and looked at it.

"Yeah you're looking at a solid 3 stitches." He told me.

I looked down, ashamed. If I had just taken my time a bit more, this could've been prevented.

He took the wipe and cleaned my forehead. Then he quickly numbed it and inserted the 3 stitches.

He did it quick and efficient.

He covered it with a small steri-strip after.

He sighed. "Don't get it wet for 24 hours. In a few days they can be taken out."

I nodded. "I'm sorry, again" I told him solemnly.

"It happens, just remember that being a couple minutes late is better than being hurt. It can wait" he told me.

"I nodded my head. Before you go, I want to make sure you don't have a concussion." he said strictly.

I nodded. He held my chin. "Follow my finger" he told me as he moved it around.

I did as I was told and he nodded satisfied. He then pulled out his penlight and checked my
pupils.

"Your eyes are dilating fine" he said satisfied.

"How does your head feel? You took a hard fall to the floor after we bumped." He said looking at me intently.

"Honestly, it's pounding" I told him as I sighed. I couldn't take off my first day of work. How would that look? I'll be the center of the hospital gossip.

"Here, take these." He handed me two Motrin tablets.

"Thanks," I said as he handed me a glass of water.

"Mhm" he nodded. "I'll tell Hood to take it easy on you today. If you start to feel sick, nausea or dizziness, let him or myself know." He said.

I nodded. "I will, thank you"

"Anytime. You should head back now. Cmon, I'll lead you there" he said stoically.

I nodded and followed him to the conference room. On the way there, I studied him. He was tall, had broad shoulders, and looked like a force to be reckoned with. He walked with authority and power.

He's probably an attending too.

He led us to a conference room with Calum and a few other interns.

He gave a curt nod to Calum. "Keep and eye on her." He told him.

Cal nodded. "Okay"

I took a seat as they continued briefing about the patients.

"Alright, whatever I assigned you, go do it." He stood up and spoke to all the interns.

"Arya, you're with me" he told me. I nodded.

I followed him down the hall to wherever we were going.

"So what happened this morning?" He asked me intently.

"Basically, I didn't know how to defrost my window let alone drive in snow with New York traffic. I ended up reaching here late, and so I ran inside. But unfortunately, that wasn't a wise idea." I told him as I looked down.

"I ran into that attending and hit the floor. hence the new addition to my forehead." I told him.

He laughed. I wasn't expecting that at all.

"I see. You ran into Ashton. He's one of my buddies and an attending." He said.

"Oh great, wonderful first impression" I responded.

He nodded. "Yeah don't worry about it. We all make mistakes. Him too. You'll probably laugh about this in a few years" he said teasingly.

I laughed back. "Yeah, hopefully"

A/N: bonus chapter today! dt avocadoos56 because she's amazing : )