2. carbon dioxide and snow

Arya

The next morning we got up around 6 and left Savannah by 7. We had 12 hours until we reached Manhattan. We decided that we'd do 7 today, rest again, and then drive the next 5 hours the following day.

Driving seems easy but it's absolutely tiring. Especially when you don't have anyone in the car to talk to you and stuff- it can get pretty boring. Senna and I occasionally talked and left our phones on speaker for the company, but for the majority of the time- it was true crime podcasts.

...

After two more days, twelve hours of driving, a million and one detours and nonstop bitching, we finally made it.

It was currently 9pm at night and we made it to the big city.

I was mesmerized. I couldn't take my eyes off the skyscrapers, the bright lights and people everywhere. It was truly amazing.

After navigating our way through the city, we finally made our way to our apartment building. It was called The Standard and was so beautiful.

Senna and I got out and quickly ran to each other.

"We made it!" She screamed and pulled me into a hug.

"Yes!! I can't wait!" We both laughed.

We checked in at the front desk and the attendant gave us our keys. As we opened the door to our apartment, we were speechless. There were glass windows all around. A small kitchen sat to the left of us and a couch/ living room area to the right. It was stunning.

There were 2 bedrooms total. One to the right and one to the left.

After soaking everything in, Senna and I decided to unpack everything. Since the apartment was already furnished, we only had our clothes and a few bits to unload.

Well I had a few things. Senna brought her whole closet.

Thankfully, the doorman helped us throughout. He was kind and helpful.

It was about 11 PM now and we were starving. We were going to order but decided that it was our very first night, and we should end it with on a great note.

We decided to walk around the city and find a good pizza place.

We changed and made our way downstairs. As I walked out I stopped. I inhaled the New York air. The smell of carbon dioxide from cars. The noise from people walking and the transportation. The cold winter air and snow falling all around us. It was magical. 

Senna and I decided to walk a few blocks until we found this small pizza place. It was a cute aesthetic restaurant titled "Bellini's." We walked in, ordered a slice each and sat down. 

"I love this place so far" Senna grinned. 

"Same, it's like we're in a Hallmark movie." 

"EXACTLY!" 

"ding"

We noticed the door opened and two men walked in. They were dressed in scrubs with a coat. One was a tall blonde with strawberry hair and the other was an olive skin one with dark hair. They came in ordered pizza and sat at the table next to us. They held a conversation between themselves. 

"Senna and Arya"

We heard the waiter call our name. Senna got up and got our pizza for us. She also grabbed our drinks and sat down. 

"This tastes amazing" she moaned out. 

The two men next to us laughed. "Yep, Bellini's has the best pizza in Manhattan" said the blonde guy. 

I nodded. "it's the best pizza I've ever had" I laughed out. No, seriously, it was so good. 

Soon, their pizza came and they started eating too. Senna and I finished our pizzas. 

"That was so good" she blurted out. I nodded in agreement. 

The two boys next to us smiled. "told you" the olive-skinned one said. 

We nodded. "Next stop: ice cream" Senna smiled. I nodded. If you wanted to know the way to our hearts, it was through that delicious, creamy goodness made from heaven. 

"Lemme google a place" I told her. 

The olive-skinned one looked over to me. "Actually, there's a small place down the street that we love to go to." 

Senna and I looked to each other. "Sounds good" I nodded. 

For our first night in NYC, it was going pretty well. 

A/N Please let me know how you like it! : )