9. terrible impressions

I sighed and sat down. Great. Just what I needed after an action-filled day yesterday. 

I looked at Caiden. He didn't look too happy either. His usual snarl remained on his face. He looked like your average popular guy in college and medical school. The one that everyone liked and kissed ass to. 

I hated those people. Always full of themselves and looked down on other people. 

As the interns all files out to their respective studies, it was just Caiden and I and the seven attendings left. 

The red head attending looked pissed off. As if someone peed in her cheerios this morning. 

"Both of you are acting like absolute children." she said in a calm, but deadly voice. "I cannot believe that I have to address this." she said. 

WOWWW. SCREECH. HOLD UP. 

What did I do? 

I looked to her name tag and it read Dr. Vitello. 

"Dr. Vitello, this is my second day here. If we're being honest, I haven't spoken to Caiden at all except our altercation this morning. If we're being even more honest, I don't even know what his deal with me is." I stated in a calm, professional tone. 

I had to make a good first impression because those always matter. 

Especially when it's an attending like her. 

"Guess what? I don't give a shit. You both are here to help and provide for your patients. Not argue like toddlers. Hell, even my kids act better than you all." she said. 

I sighed and nodded. Sometimes you just have to accept and move on. Especially when you barely have a say in the hospital. 

I looked to Caiden. "I'm sorry for whatever I did." I told him genuinely.

"Same" he said unamused. 

"Now both of you, go with your attending please." she said. 

I looked up and made my way to Ashton since I was on his service today. We both walked together to the cardiology ward. 

"She really had you guys this morning" he spoke. 

"I don't even know what his deal is" I told Ash. 

We were now starting to warm up to each other. Unlike Luke and Calum, he was a bit more reserved. 

But intimidating as hell. 

"Well for starters, you got to be on a really intricate case, on your first day. Some interns don't get that ever. And after all of that, we sorta took it easy on you. Not to mention, you graduated at the top of your class, proving you're very smart. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's a bit threatened." Ashton said as well walked down the hallway. 

"We're both interns, whom are here for the same reason. What's there to be threatened about?" I asked Ash. 

Slowly warming up to him I guess. 

"Arya, I just told you. You have so much to offer, which is a threat to his game. Instead of fight with him, show him who you are. Show him that he doesn't affect you and show him what damn good of a doctor you are." he spoke out. 

I nodded. He was right. I had to show Caiden that two could play at his game, and in the end, I'd be the one winning. 

We made it to cardiology by now and headed to our first patient's room. I presented the case to him, updated him on her lab results and performed an exam on her. He was satisfied, and we moved down the line to our other patients. 

About two hours had passed and we were finished with rounds. Along the way, a few other interns joined us. 

Except for our little altercation this morning, my day was going well. Let's hope it stays that way.