4. not everyone is happy today

Senna

Today was Arya's first day of her internship. I'm so excited for her. Throughout all the time I've known her, she's worked her butt off day and night for this.

I'm talking about the endless nights of studying. The consistent straight A's. And everything in between.

She's the most hardworking person I know. I was currently in the kitchen making her lunch & a first day breakfast.

Would I ever get up this early at 6:15am? Hell no!

But it was very important for her. So I had to support her.

She woke up with her hair in a messy bun and came into the kitchen.

She looked confused. "Sen what is this?" She asked as she looked around.

"Surprise! I made you breakfast and lunch!" I told her as I hugged her.

"You didn't have to! And how are you even up this early?" she asked me.

"I had to set like 4 alarms." I told her.

She laughed. "You're amazing" she told me and pulled me into a hug.

"Nope that's all you hun" I told her back.

"Okay you have tons of time now. Go take a shower and get dressed!" I told her in my mom voice.

"Yes mother" she laughed and walked off.

Arya

I couldn't believe Senna got up and made breakfast and lunch for me. She's not a morning person at all. She's also a heavy sleeper who can sleep through a hurricane.

I was so thankful for her. She meant a lot to me.

I got dressed in my figs scrubs and went to the kitchen. She made breakfast for me which consisted of an avocado toast, eggs and strawberries.

"Yes I know you're wondering, I insta-carted our groceries early this morning." She said.

I didn't even know they work that early, but okay.

I finished and plate into the sink.

"Okay babes have a great day! Remember you were made to be there. Don't let anyone out you down!" She said as she gave me a hug.

"Thank you sen, love you!"

"Love you too Rya"

...

Today was going to be a good day right? I got up early. I had an amazing breakfast. My best-friend made me lunch. What cold possibly go wrong?

Snow. Freaking snow.

I had never driven in snow before. I was from Miami. The most we had were driving in floods from tropical storms.

Snow was a whole other story.

Did I know how to defrost my windows? Nope. Which is why I spent 20 minutes watching a video on YouTube to learn.

After it defrosted and I could finally see the road, the next order was driving.

It wasn't easy. The roads were icy and therefore I had to take my time. However that's not easy to do when you have people driving 100 mph and constantly overtaking you. No, it's rough.

Which is why I made it to work almost an hour late.

Was I panicking? Yes. Because who would want to be late their first day? Nope not me.

I parked and grabbed my stuff. As soon as it was in my hand, I ran out.

As I did so I bumped into something. More like someone. I fell on my butt. I looked out from my spot on the ground and looked up to a tall guy standing over me.

He looked furious.

He was wearing a white coat with scrubs too.

Oh gosh.

"What the hell is your problem? Can't you not see where you're going?" He yelled out.

Honestly I didn't even process it. I had a raging headache at the moment. Not only that but when I lifted my hand to my rub my head, I felt a red sticky substance.

Great. I'm bleeding now. As if things couldn't get worse.

"Hello, I'm speaking to you" he said impatiently.

I got up and looked at him. "Sorry, sir"

He looked at me and his eyebrows furrowed. I followed them and they focused to the cut on my forehead. He took off his backpack and pulled out a piece of gauze. He stuck it to my forehead which caused me to hiss in pain.

His eyes softened for a second and then switched back to his cold self.

"Lets go inside." He said.

I followed him inside to the locker room.

As I walked in, I saw Calum and Luke. "Oh hey Arya. You're late." Calum said disapprovingly.

"I'm so so sorry. It hasn't been the best morning" I told him.

"Well, you're on my case today." He said.

I nodded. "Okay"

"Be in the conference room at 9 for a briefing" he said.

"Dr. Hood, I need to see your intern before you can have her" The guy I bumped into said.

He turned around and crossed his arms. "And why is that?" He asked questingly?

"To asses her for any head injuries." He said cooly.

"Excuse me?" Dr. Hood asked with his eyebrows raised.

I looked to him. I hadn't faced Dr. Hood yet. "I accidentally ran into something" I told him in a soft tone, ashamed.

"What the hell?"

"Alright Hood, see you in a few. Intern, follow me" the guy said.