15. exhausted

After spending what felt like eternity in the bathroom, I walked out. Not before I made sure to wash my face and look like a human being again.

My face was still read and my eyes were still blotchy.

I was nervous to walk back out. I was embarrassed of the outburst I threw, but it was gonna come regardless.

He couldn't possibly be more mad at me than he already was.

I took a deep breath, and opened the door. I walked out the bathroom and gently shut it.

My eyes were focused on the floor. I couldn't possible face him.

Thankfully, he spoke first.

"How are you feeling right now?" he asked me with no emotion. I looked up to his face and he didn't seem angry or upset.

"Okay." I said with a wobbly voice.
If I'm being honest, I feel drained.

"Are you sure about that?" He said with furrowed eyebrows. He crossed his arms as he leaned against his desk, making his muscles bulge out of his scrubs.

If I wasn't so nervous right now, I'd find that attractive.

Snap out of it!

I looked up to him and nodded.

"Take the rest of the day off" he told me, again, with no expression.

I looked at him stunned.

"I can't." I told him. I still had so much work to do and if I ignored it- it would just pile up on me.

I couldn't.

Before I new it he was standing right in front of me, his tall frame casting a shadow over mine.

I looked up to him.

"Just take the rest of the day off and relax. Your body needs it now more than ever. You're exhausted and I don't want you to get sick." he told me.

BUT THEN HOW IS ALL THAT WORK GONNA GET DONE?

I shook my head. "It's fine, I feel fine. I'm going to go back to work" I told him as I turned around and made my way to the door.

"Arya." he spoke. He wore a gentle look on his face.

"It's okay. I won't be mad." he said softly.

I nodded. I needed to go home and rest. I was beyond exhausted.

"Thank you" I told him.

he nodded. "Of course"

I made my way out his door.