17. pain

A/N thank you so much for all the support! I really appreciate it <3 !

As I walked out his office, I made my way to do my rounds on my patients. About an hour later, I progressively felt worse.

My body was on fire. Every time I moved an inch, you could feel the pain seething through. I was also so cold and sweaty at the same time. I wanted my bed.

I walked through the hall and made my way to the nurses station, waiting on a patient file.

As I was waiting, I gently set my head down on the counter.

Just a few minutes to rest.

I began to doze off when I felt a hand placed on my back.

Please don't, it hurts screamed my inner voice.

I couldn't show that I was sick because it would just make everything 10x worse. I was already sinking, I couldn't go any deeper.

I looked up and my face met with Luke's bright one. He was wearing light blue FIGS scrubs with his white coat over it.

"Whoa, hey are you okay?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

I nodded. "Yeah I'm just tired" I told him with a small smile hoping he would buy it.

He looked at me for a bit longer as if he wasn't believing it.

"Arya" he said as if he was reprimanding a child.

"Yeah" I said as I picked up my eyes from the floor and looked at him in the face.

"Why are you lying?" He asked, with a stern expression and his arms crossed.

Why is it that when all men do that it's so intimidated

I quickly shook my head. "I'm not, I'm just really tired" I told him.

And since when did guys become such good readers?

He nodded slowly, still not believing me. "You do know I've been a doctor for a while now right?" he asked.

I nodded.

"You do know it's my job to know when someone is healthy and when they're sick right?"

I nodded.

Gosh what was with the 20 questions, just leave me alone and move about your day

"Ok so if you aren't sick, meet me in the exam room 3 in 20 minutes" he told me.

I looked to him abruptly.

"Why" I asked him with a small laugh and tried to play it off.

"Because you're pale and we need to get that fever down." He told me and made his way down the hall.

Dammit.