•| ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ

It was midnight and rudra was still unable to get the sleep. He was feeling restless and to avoid it he decided to complete some work. Getting the laptop he walked near the table when his vision fell over the letters and box which he had left there itself in the hurry to meet akshita.  He kept the laptop on side and brought the box and letters.

There was a diary too in it, before looking at the letters he decided to see the diary. Flipping the blank pages he reached at the mid section where he got a photograph of two children. Seeing that photo a smile appeared on his lips and the long lost memories freshen up. It was him and his akshu. It was the same photo he had near him and it's still there in his cupboard.

He remembered some faded voices and orders of a girl who was none other than akshita herself.

"I don't want any mistake from you, okay? If you lose this photo then I won't forgive you." She demanded crossing her little arms and puffing the red cheeks. Seeing her dramas, rudra laughed and pinched her both cheeks.

"Okay baba, I won't do any mistake. See I am keeping this inside in front of you only." He showed her and once confirming she flipped her hair back with her tiny hand.  She then come up with another thing and he gave her a look.

"I don't have lot of space to keep every nonsense thing akshu. I'm not going to stay there forever. When I will return then give me everything." He told but she shook her head and ran to him.

She showed him a doll, which was made up like a bride. He took it in his hand and gazed at her. "This is me. Whenever you will feel alone, see this doll and remember me." Her voice broke and suddenly she started crying. Rudra wiped her tears and hugged her.

"Why are you crying akshu? I promise, I will come back soon."

"I'll miss you." She told as he smiled and pinched her cheeks, while she was cutely sniffling.

"I don't like crying akshu. Now give a smile or I will get angry." He pouted and she giggled. Seeing her smile he hugged her.

A smile formed over his face as he looked at the photograph with love and adoration in his eyes.

He flipped the diary till end to find many such photos of them together. And at the end there was his solo pic. It was when he had gotten the 'Businessman of the year award'.  His heart clenched after seeing her collection. Somehow he felt guilty for not reminding her. She had put him her first priority always. But in the highly competitive world, just to maintain his image he ran behind work, so much that he forgot about everything. And when he finally got the satisfaction he realized that whatever their parents did years ago was wrong, it was against law and he didn't have any wish in that. He felt pulled out with the fact.