Thousand

A lot of men stood there shooting at each other. This was the main training area right in front of the main gate. This must be where Jaxon's team is. I had to get to the other side of the room. That was where the containers were kept stacked, and that is where I was going to meet Jaxon after all this is over.

And then I did what I had promised Jaxon I would do. 

I did everything I had to protect myself. I ran straight through the corner of the room ducking bullets and shooting anyone who tried to come into my way. Most of the men were busy trying to shoot other men so they didn't really see me. I went straight behind one of the huge containers and sat there. The gun in my hand, I didn't move, only waited for this to be over. 

Time passed as slow as I can think, as I only sat there breathing heavily. 

My head fell back as I closed my eyes for a few moments, only praying that all my men would be okay. Kiley and Joel would be okay. Jaxon would be okay.

 Soon after the sound of shooting died down, indicating that one of the groups of men had successfully killed the other. With each passing second, my heart got heavier, an unsettling feeling within me. It was the silence after all that sound. 

It was completely silent. 

And then I heard it, a voice, a voice that I had come to love. "Mia?" The man screamed as I shot up. Jaxon. He was okay, I let myself smile. We had won. We did it. 

"Jaxon!" I ran to him the moment I saw him. And then everything happened in a blink. 

"Mia, watch out!" Jaxon screamed running to me, pushing me aside, and two gunshots rang in the air. I turned around hysterically seeing two men falling to the ground simultaneously bleeding out. 

The man who shot was the Raven's current leader, the one I met before. He was shot right in the middle of his forehead and he was dead, lying on the ground. I wasted no time running to Jaxon. He was shot on the left chest. I could tell he was in a lot of pain. 

"Jaxon!" I cried out, picking up his head and putting it on my lap. 

"It's okay, I am fine." He said shifting slightly. Blood started oozing out of his mouth and I couldn't help the tears that fell. "Stay awake," I said. 

He slowly rubbed off my tears with his hand as more came along. "Don't cry, I am not leaving you, we still have to get married after all." He smiled. 

What's wrong with this guy! He is dying and now he wants to joke. 

I could hear Joel on the Bluetooth Jaxon wore on his right ear. I took it out of his ear and put it on mine. "Team 1 successful at taking the women out, no casualties."

"Team 2 successful at wiping out the Ravens, no casualties," Kiley replied on the line. 

"T-This is Mia," I said on the Bluetooth earpiece, not sure who was listning. "Jaxon is shot." I hurried as stroked Jaxon's hair softly, his eyes were set on mine. I was met with silence for a few seconds then Joel replied. 

"We are on our way, Mia. Keep him awake." Joel said.

"Stay awake, Jaxon. Please, help is coming." My hands had started to shake and Jaxon looked weak and tired. I softly kissed him, tasting blood on my lips. 

"I love you." He said almost though as it was goodbye.

"No. You say that after we celebrate winning back at home, you hear me?" I replied. He nodded silently and shifted again, his eyes closing. 

"No, Jaxon! Stay awake." I said, shaking him. 

Soon after Joel came running. "Boss!" he sat beside me, placing a cloth on his left shoulder tying it, keeping him from bleeding out. Jaxon's blood was all over my clothes. Soon Kiley came there too, as Joel tried to pick Jaxon up with his full strength. 

"Jax. Stay awake you idiot." Kiley slapped Jaxon's face her eyes tearing up too. We helped him out the main gate, limping all the way to one of the black cars. They stood there in a line and as soon as we got inside, the cars started leaving going in different directions. This was part of the plan too, so we don't get caught. 

Jaxon lay on the back seat with his head on my lap. The only indication that he was still alive was his chest rising up and down. "It should have been me," I mumbled at no one in particular. 

"No," Joel said sternly, looking straight at me. "Jaxon will be fine, he can take this." He continued almost as though he was reassuring himself. Kiley sat silently in the front seat. 

He has to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few days since everything happened. Since we had won. But no one was celebrating, we were all only dipped ourselves in sorrow.

Jaxon still wasn't awake yet and the doctors said that it was almost a miracle that the bullet hit so close to his heart. It could have been straight to the heart and he would have been dead on spot. I sat there in front of him, my eyes hurting after crying for days. I am going to be so freaking mad at him when he wakes up. 

Why did he have to take the bullet? He was being so stupid. It should have been me. 

I looked down shaking my head, crying further. I took his hand in my, kissing him gently. I miss him. I want to see his beautiful grey eyes. The IV dripped beside him as I felt his hand move, gently squeezing into mine. 

I looked up to see him stirring. He was waking up. 

"Jaxon?" I squeezed his hand back stroking his soft hair with my other hand. My voice was crooked because I hadn't spoken to anyone for days.

His eyelids fluttered blessing me with the sight of beautiful stormy orbs. We stayed that way for a while just looking at each other. Then, he smiled. "Hey," he said and tried to sit up, hissing at the pain of the bullet wound. 

I helped him up and put a pillow behind his head. "I'll call the others," I said trying to get out of his gaze. If I looked at him even more I was sure that my anger would be forgotten and I would cry my eyes out hugging him. 

He stopped me from moving away, catching my wrist. "You have been crying." He said looking at my face, his gaze all over. 

Yeah, no shit sherlock

I sat beside him with a sigh, giving him a glass of water that was left on the nightstand for me. I looked at him as he took a sip. "Why did you take the bullet. It should have been me!" I said getting straight to the point.

He shook his head. "I would take a thousand bullets for you, baby." He said and that was it. Just one sentence he had to say and my heart melted in a puddle. I bit my lip as he finished the glass of water, already looking much better. 

"I didn't get to protect you last time, but this time I had a choice. I could never see you get hurt. Never again, I would rather die." He continued and all my anger fled away replaced by love and love only. 

Then, I kissed him.