Weekends

They weren't home.

Thank the Gods.

I had run as fast as I could cause they would have been so mad if they saw that I was late and didn't do any household work. I took a quick shower changing into something comfortable as fast as I could and ran to the kitchen to cook dinner.

The weekend was starting. Over the years I had developed this hatred towards weekends. Yes, for other families it's when they go out and have fun but for me it's torture. Literally. It was mental and sometimes physical torture. 

I finished cooking and set the food on the table as soon as Bianca started coming down the stairs her eyes stuck to the screen In her hand. She sat at her chair on the table and soon enough, mother and father entered through the front door chatting about business with each other and sitting in their respective chairs. I started serving them. 

"The Clintons are holding a formal party tomorrow, we are invited," Father stated.

The Clintons hold one of the largest businesses in the world. It makes sense why the father is invited. My adoptive family comes from a rich business class. After father took hold of the company from his father, it wasn't doing so well. Makes sense cause father does not know the first thing about the company but regardless he inherited all the wealth being the only son.

Hence also why we move so much. Due to the business.

"Dad! Why didn't you tell me before! I don't even have a good dress!" Bianca screamed probably because she was worried about her first impression for the guys at the party. I didn't even bother asking, I probably wasn't even going.

"Don't worry sweety, I got you a dress," Father said back, and then surprisingly he looked at me.

"Mia, I have got you one too. Our family is invited and I don't want them thinking things when you do not show up. Dress properly please we need to make a good impression at this." He stated blankly looking up and down at me.

I nodded obediently not wanting to get beaten up for something so small as I finished eating the leftovers from yesterday. 

Soon enough everyone finished their food and ended the day as they left for me to clean the dishes. I finished up everything too and went up the stairs, towards my room, exhausted. 

As I entered, I saw a box on my bed, probably the dress father chose for me to wear. I opened the box and saw a nice red dress. He must really want me to dress properly if he got me something to wear. I closed the box and took a long deep breath.

I just hope nothing goes wrong tomorrow. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN

I know this chapter is short but it's gonna start building up soon! Stay tuned! 

PS the red dress above is what is to be worn by Mia at the party.