Bruises

A few days have gone by after the party was over. I don't really like thinking about that day. Out of all the times, father had beaten me this time was the worst. With each whip, I was told the reasons and consequences of what I had done.

Me Talking to the browns was forbidden because they were the largest shareholders of the company and the biggest inverters for the Dawson's. Apparently as per my mother If I talked to them I put forward a bad impression. So because I talked to them I earned a few whips and a few punches.

Me talking to Jaxon specifically earned me a few kicks which hurt the most. This was due to the fact that Bianca was apparently 'in love' with him and she didn't want me to be there in the middle.

Trying to befriend Kiley earned me some more punches because I disobeyed my mother's wish of not talking to anyone at the party.

But what I found the most painful was after my father finished punching, kicking, and whipping me, he looked right at my face and said that I deserved it before walking away.

I tried. I really tried hurting him back, screaming back at him. But it was useless as always. I wasn't trained enough not did I have enough energy to put up a fight in front of a grown man. Yes, I could through a few kicks here and there but it doesn't stop him from hitting me further.

I didn't deserve it, I really didn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat in front of the tiny mirror In my room trying my best to cover all the bruises before going to school. I put on a scarf and jacket to cover my neck and my arms, and put on some makeup to cover the bruises on my face. 

After one last look and checking that nothing showed I nodded in approval, heading downstairs. They were all gone. Father and Mother to work and Bianca to school. Thank the lords for that.

I picked up an apple from the fruit basket and headed out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I reached school, I had finished my apple but I had also earned multiple stares from students. What in the world are they staring at? Oh. Then it clicked me. My attire. 

It wasn't winter yet and it was pretty hot and I was dressed in a jumper and scarf. Huh well, it is not like I can do anything about it even though I look like an idiot. 

"Hey" I heard a boy say as I turned around to see two similar-looking guys staring back at me. It was Ian and Alex, the brothers who were following him-who-we-do-not-name. I looked at them weirdly. Why in the world were they talking to me?

"You Mia right?" The other brother spoke and I simply nodded. "I am Alex and this is Ian" He introduced themselves. I nodded again. And then Ian spoke up. 

"Caann youu speeaakk oorr are youu dummbb??" He spoke each word emphasizing them with his hand movements as I continued to look at him weirdly. He immediately stopped earning a glare from his brother. Huh looks like now we know who the brains are of their duo.

"I can speak yes but I just do not understand why I am being spoken to by you guys," I stated sternly almost glaring at Ian's stupidity. 

"Meet us at the cafeteria during lunch." Alex started shaking his head.

"Why?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"It's Jaxon's order" He stated. Oh no.

"I can't," I said.

"And what not?" It was his turn to furrow his eyebrows.

I awkwardly looked down at the ground playing with the strap of my bag. "I just can't. Please tell him that I cannot even talk to him or his sister ever again." I said, my voice almost sad. And then I walked away.