Mugged

I don't wanna go home.

I wish I could just stay out here forever. On the road. Forever. I looked straight looking at nowhere in particular. Today was the end of yet another week and school was over. I looked up at the sky and stood there for a while. Sometimes I wish I could fly.

I decided to take a little walk and my feet started moving. I put in my earphones and started the music making up the imaginary moves of what would go well with the song. I always loved dancing and it's something I am good at too. I like dancing. Not because the music makes me feel free or the movements make me feel alive but because it makes me happy. It's the closest I could get to flying while being on the ground.

 Soon enough without me realizing it had started to get dark. I should be heading back home now, I thought, before mother and father come back from work.  I turned around a corner only to realize that I was lost. Damn it now I have to look at the GPS. How far could I have gone? The music 'God is a woman' started playing as I entered a path behind a tall building that looked kinda shady but whatever. I turned anyways. What could go wrong? 

And then, my music stopped. What? I whipped around looking at a guy, a boy younger than me who had pulled my earphone out. He was taller than me and well built but how dare he stop my music? 

"Hey!" I screamed at his face. "What the hell dude!" I screamed again looking at my earphone in his hand. "Give me all the money you have!" He screamed back trying to corner me out, which he was almost successful doing because he was taller and bigger than me. 

I almost laughed. He really thinks I have money. 

And then all I saw was red. The rage, that I had been building up. I did not see anything anymore. Did not see how young he was or how big he was. I kicked him with all the force I had. He grunted and fell to the ground. I whipped his arms around with all the force and sat on top of his chest, slapping and punching his face almost till it was swollen. 

I kept going, did not know for how long. Violence was all I could see, the amount of time I could not hit mother and father back. The amount of time I suppressed my voice, the amount of- and then I was suddenly pulled back. 

I snapped out of it, heaving heavily. I looked back at a girl who had a smile plastered on her place and her eyes danced with amusement. Her physical features were almost strikingly similar to a certain someone I saw a few days ago in the cafeteria. Her grey eyes flashed and her dark brown hair fell on her shoulder. She was dressed in all black and my eyes traveled down to her black boots. Damn, I always wanted black boots like those. 

I looked back at the boy who was halfway down the road running away like a freak.

"Yeah, that's right you asshole! Runaway from a girl!" I screamed at him shaking my head and throwing my hands in the air to make a point. Then eventually I plopped on my knee and picked up my broken phone, my bag, and my earphones from the concrete path. 

As I stood up, I saw the girl still standing there with her arms folded and an eyebrow raised with a small smile on her red lips. 

"I like you" she finally muttered looking me up and down. "You have a fire in you" she continued.

I just stood there awkwardly looking at her grey eyes. She seemed to be a bit older than me but still seemed like a person who would kick some ass. 

I could tell just by looking at her but she seemed to have a badass personality vibe going on. 

"Kiley" she stated putting forward a hand for me to shake. 

I looked at her hand and then at her face and then reluctantly shook her hand back.

"Mia" I introduced myself. 

"What are you doing here at this time Mia, it's not safe- this part of town," Kiley said and put her hand down. It was my turn to raise an eyebrow at her. 

"And yet here you are," I said to the girl in black in front of me.

She almost rolled her eyes when I said, "I'm new, only been here 3 weeks". 

"That makes sense, I haven't seen you around before", her soft voice replied when I looked at the time on my broken phone. 

"Shit." I exhaled as I started my sprint, "Sorry I'm late! I have to get home! Nice to meet you, Kiley!" I said while running towards my house. I left her in the alley and ran as fast as I could. 

I just hope mother and father aren't home yet.