Gifts

A few more days have passed and my plans of going back to school have gone down the drain. I have decided that I'm going to be homeschooling from now on, I have missed too much. Jaxon's birthday is tomorrow. And he is graduating soon too. He has been pretty stressed giving his exams recently and he is mostly in his study doing work. His exams end today.

After our talk the other day I told him that I needed some time to think and adjust to stuff so he has been giving me space ever since. He does come in and sleep next to me but that's about it. I do miss him though. 

My thoughts were cut short when someone tapped my shoulder. 

"Hey, Mia." It was Kiley. 

"Hey Kiley, haven't seen you in a while." 

"Yeah, I have been busy." She sat down next to me on the couch.

"I heard that Jax told you everything." She continued and I nodded. 

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way." I shrugged.

"I also heard you have been ignoring all of us ever since."

"I didn't mean to, I just needed some time to think," I said.

"I understand." She nodded. "You know, my brother really loves you right?" She said after a long pause and I looked at her wide-eyed.

"Oh don't look so surprised! He tells me everything."

"uh, yeah," I blabbed unable to say anything.

"Kiley, I don't know what to do. I do love him too, but it's just, complicated. Knowing that he is in the Mafia, let alone the leader, it makes me think that he isn't the same person I thought he was." I said after finding my voice again.

Kiley giggled a bit and shook her head.

"You know right after this happened, Jax busted into my room like hell had broken loose. I really thought someone had died. Then he told me all this. And trust me when I say this I have never seen my brother so worked up before." 

She looked at me her eyes softening. 

"He is the same person Mia. We are all the same people you met the first time. I am still the crazy partier and Joel is still the same bookworm. Ian and Alex are still the bickering siblings. Jaxon is still the man who loves you." She ended with a small smile. 

And that made me smile too. 

She was right. And somewhere deep inside I knew that too. 

After a long moment, I made up my mind about what I was going to do next. And then I couldn't help but ask, "Jaxon did really come to you for advice huh?" I said raising an eyebrow. It was fun knowing that the big bad boy went to his elder sister for girl advice. 

Kiley rolled her eyes. 

"Yeah I believe his exacted words after barging into my room was 'Sis I fucked up'" 

And then we both laughed at that. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I and Kiley had gone out after. 

We went shopping for stuff and gifts for Jaxon's birthday. Kiley told me everything about their mafia on the way. She said her father had given half to her and half to Jaxon but Jaxon does most of their dirty work whereas she handles most of the technical things. 

This is also why they were both trained in combat. Over the days of my training, I had gotten pretty good too but obviously not as good as Kiley. She always carried a gun with her and her technique and aim were perfect. She also told me she wanted to become a sniper because her aim is actually that great.

Apparently, Jaxon was more of a hands-on man. He didn't like using any weapons, just plain good old fighting. He was trained in both martial arts and combat and he was the best in both. Kiley also mentioned that he had been trained by the best in the world.

In my training the past few days, Kiley mentioned that I was a natural, whatever that means. She said that I had more endurance than she had ever seen in anyone before but my technique was lacking so she would focus more on that. I had also realized that I was comfortable with knives. So, I guess knives were my thing. 

Soon, we reached the mall. 

I was so confused as to what I should get for Jaxon. But Kiley on the other hand bought everything she saw. Literally. She even bought a shirt saying 'Lil bro' which I thought was cute but I knew Jaxon would never wear that. 

I didn't have money of my own so I had to take Kiley's. I was reluctant at first but she insisted saying we are family now and 'spending money is her passion'. 

Yeah, I can see that.

After a long day, I finally bought stuff and then we went back home. I was very tired so I didn't eat much and went straight to bed. I put on an alarm today. I had to wake up early so I can greet Jaxon when he wakes up.

Soon I lay on the bed and heard the bed dip as Jaxon's muscular arm surrounded me. My eyes were closed but I was still awake. He placed his soft lips on my forehead before muttering a 'goodnight baby'. 

I sighed contently. 

Tomorrow is going to be a great day.