Home

After a few moments of us just holding on to each other, he let go of me and looked straight into my eye. He got up from the bed and took some pills from the side table. He asked me to take them and I did. He looked at me again and it seemed like he was looking right through my soul and he slowly wiped off the remaining tears from my cheek. 

"You are going to be staying here from now on." He declared and didn't leave any room for me to argue. 

"You sure? I mean I can just-" I began protesting.

"No." He raised his hand to stop me and shook his head. "This is your home now and you aren't going to be hurt ever again on my watch," I said with finality.

My eyes softened as I looked at him. He was already doing so much for me and I had nothing in return for him. "Thank you so much, Jaxon. You don't know how much this means to me." 

He flashed me one of his rare smiles as I took my chance and went ahead to peck his cheek. He froze at my touch and I almost let out a laugh. The great Jaxon responded to my touch. It seemed though that he didn't know how to react because he knew I was crying and sad. 

Awe he was getting uncomfortable. 

I let out a smirk as he looked at me and rolled his eyes knowing what I did.

"You must be hungry." He stated as he stood up and pulled me up with him. 

"Let's get you something to eat." He said, "I can also show you around" and with that, he pulled me out to one of the corridors. I realized that the meds were starting to kick in and the pain was less. The corridors were filled with paintings of different kinds and they were all very beautiful. The best thing I liked about the house was it was very posh and modern. I always wanted to live in a home-like this.

Jaxon showed me around and the best part of the home for me was the gym and the pool. It was just so exotic and maybe finally I could practise some dance there. After showing me everything he took me to the kitchen as he made me sit on the counter.

"Where's Kiley?" I asked as Jaxon started taking stuff out to make pasta. 

He looked at me confused so I continued. "I saw her at the pool before, when I had just woken up." He nodded and then rolled his eyes. 

"She must have gone out to party again," He said. She did seem like someone who parties a lot.

"Is she okay with me staying here?" I asked and Jaxon's eyes softened. 

"Yes, of course, Mia. You don't have to worry about my elder sis, she really likes you anyway, she wouldn't shut up about you when she first saw you. And just a heads up, don't let her force you to go party with her. She is crazy." He said with slight sarcasm.

I laughed at that. They seemed to have a close relationship. I wish I had a sibling. And just like that I instantly started missing Mama. 

"What's wrong?" Jaxon asked as if sensing my change in demeanor. 

"Nothing, I just miss Mama." I shrugged. "Where are your parents?" I blurted out without thinking regretting it instantly. Am I prying too much?

Jaxon didn't seem to care though, "My mother died giving birth to me and my dad is at the hospital." He shrugged. "A year ago he was diagnosed with moderate Alzheimer's disease. The doctor suggested that he stayed at the hospital with nurses giving him constant care so he is there now." 

"I'm sorry," I said, for both his mother and father. I know how it felt to lose someone.

"It's okay it was a long time ago anyway. And my father, well he lived his fair share of life." 

Then we sat in comfortable silence, till Jaxon finished cooking. Damn is there anything this guy can't do? Oh, that's right he can't give birth. 

I snickered at my own joke and Jaxon raised an eyebrow at me, serving me some pasta. I cleared my throat practically inhaling the food. God, I was hungry. As I took the last bite of the delicious food someone came barging in through the kitchen as they came straight to me and engulfed me in a bear hug. 

"Uh, Joel I am kind of choking here." I managed to say as he let go of me earning a glare from Jaxon as he rolled his eyes.

Then he sat down at the table rubbing his hands and digging into the leftover pasta. I couldn't help but admire his eyelashes. Damn, how come guys have all the perfect features. He was so pretty and Jaxon, well he was sculpted by the Gods. I almost felt ugly in front of them. 

"Do you live here too?" I asked Joe considering that he came out of nowhere. 

"No," Jaxon replied since Joel was busy eating. "But this dumbass is always here." 

"No, I am not!" Joel said sounding offended. "I only came to check up on the pretty girl here." He pointed his fork at me and winked. Joel will be Joel I thought rolling my eyes. Jaxon looked ready to punch him in the face. 

"I'm tired," I said as I stood up not wanting these guys to fight again. 

Jaxon stood up too nodding, "Leave the dishes, Joel will wash them." He said glaring at Joel. 

Joel looked ready to pass out. I almost felt bad for him but it would be fun to see one of the richest guys in the world wash my dishes. I laughed at his facial expression as Jaxon pulled me towards his chest guiding me out of the kitchen his palm on the small of my back. 

"Do you want to freshen up?" He asked guiding me to his room. I nodded as I realized I was still in Jaxon's shirt from yesterday. He showed me the bathroom door and handed me another pair of his clothes. I smiled at him showing how thankful I was as I walked into the bathroom. Changing quickly and brushing my teeth I walked out trying my best not to look at my bruised self in the mirror.

Jaxon was picking up pillows from the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked confused. 

"Sleeping on the couch," he replied pointing at the big brown couch at the corner of his room.

I shook my head, "You don't have to, I can just go to one of the guest rooms if you want. You have a lot of rooms." I said.

"I want you to sleep here." He stated as he pulled me closer to him and tucked me into the bed. 

He put the blanket on almost till my chin and softly brushed my hair looking at me almost lovingly. "Sleep," He said as I closed my eyes. 

He softly pecked my forehead and said, "Goodnight baby" and it didn't take me long to fall into the darkness.