Kiley

"Hey, Mia! How are you?" Kiley said looking up from the magazine she was reading on the couch. She was dressed in her usual black attire. I guess she likes black just like me.

"I'm better than before," I said as I walked towards her. 

Multiple emotions flashed across her face too fast to decipher. She patted the place next to her indicating for me to sit down next to her. 

"My brother told me everything, I hope you don't mind. We tell each other everything." Kiley said and I nodded. I didn't mind, I was going to tell her anyway.

She placed a hand on mine comfortingly. "I admire how brave you have been throughout Mia. As a woman, I can understand how much pain and suffering you must have been through. But now you have us. I and my brother will take good care of you." She said smiling.

I smiled back, I was not used to people being so nice to me but I secretly thanked God for ending my suffering. Maybe it's finally time for a new beginning. 

"Okay enough of being stuck in the past! Come look at the stuff I got you!" Kiley exclaimed excitedly. "Ugh, I have waited for this day forever! I finally have someone I can share my amazing fashion sense and girly stuff with. Trust me, growing up around all guys? Not fun." 

She pulled me into a room full of bags. All of them are from exotic boutiques, all expensive. She picked up one of the bags from the couch and handed it to me. 

"I want you to open this one first, I know you will like this." 

I opened up the box and it was the black boots same as hers, that I had always wanted. I gasped and looked up at her wide-eyed, "How did you-"

"I saw you staring at my boots the first day I saw you in that alley," She remarked. She was very intelligent too and could read people as well. It made me admire her even more. 

"Thank you," I said a warm feeling in my heart. The boots fit me perfectly. How did she know my size?

We eventually ended up opening up everything and there was so much. Starting from undergarments to fancy gowns, everything. A whole freaking wardrobe. 

"Do you need anything else? Don't be shy we can go out and get more stuff if you want" She asked me and I almost choked. Is she for real right now?

"No!" I exclaimed. "Kiley this is too much, this is more than enough. Really thank you so much. I probably won't be needing any new clothes ever again." I laughed and Kiley chuckled.

"All right then, I will be hitting the gym, you wanna come with me?" She asked and I nodded. 

We both walked to the gym together talking about random stuff all the way downstairs. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, you must really be into the working out stuff you aren't even taking a breath when I'm literally dying over here," I said lying flat on one of the yoga mats as Kiley ran on the treadmill." 

After a few moments, she stopped and dabbed her neck with a towel. "Well ya, I have been training almost my entire life." She said sitting down next to me.

"Training? For what?" I asked sitting up.

"Jax didn't tell you?" She furrowed her eyebrow and then soon after cleared her throat. "Well, I and my brother are both trained to fight. Our father was kind of a fitness freak." She chuckled as she got up and pulled me up soon after. 

"You should go freshen up. Jaxon won't be back home till later so we can have dinner together and watch a movie after!" She exclaimed and I smiled at her. 

I used to the bathroom in Jaxon's room to freshen up and soon after I and Kiley ate the pizza that she had ordered. Apparently, she didn't know how to cook as Jaxon did. She always makes Jaxon cook all the time and that's why he gets annoyed at her a lot. 

We started watching 'Black Widow'. I constantly kept comparing her and Kiley and she kept denying it. What can I say they did have a lot in common!

I looked at the time soon after and it was almost midnight. Damn time flies when I am actually enjoying something. We chattered sitting on the couch in the living room about a lot of stuff and I ended up realizing that I and Kiley had a lot in common. 

Eventually, I started yawning and Kiley was almost fast asleep next to me. I smiled knowing that I had made another friend. 

Right before drifting back to sleep, there was only one thought on my mind.

This wouldn't have been possible without Jaxon.